NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

Shadow of who you used to be?

(1/2) > >>

Nebula:
Anybody else like that?

Patient Pianist:
yeah
wish i could get my head through the clouds
sometimes it even feels close
but i just cant quite get there
ever

Ludovica:
Yes.

Part of my issue is that I remember the me I used to be far too fondly. And also remember the me I was planning to become, over the future decade or so (for instance, I was a naïve 11 year old and had made plans for what I'd be now).

It is far harder to accept the now and progress from how I am now than I'd like to think it would be. Even with the "successes" per se, I still am never quite where I used to think I'd get to. The comparing to what "I used to be" is never particularly beneficial, though very easy to get into.

Not sure I have much advice, more that saying that actually the who you are now is OK as it is (however much you may disagree), and the who you will become will be shaped by both the now and the you you used to be. </slightly clichéd talk>

Nebula:
I seem to be stuck in this place and can't seem to stay out of it for long... my mentality is destroying my life... more or less.
Do you do anything to get out of it? Do you try? Does anyone?
I'm not waiting for some encouragement to take up a hobby or something... not that I have time for one... just wanting a new way of thinking, I suppose.
Even so, that right nows seems too much to ask of anyone.
I've avoided nshn for almost 2 years now, but always seem to come crawling back

Nebula:
Thanks for all your replies x
Ludovica?
My god, it has been way too long...x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version