NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

Venlafaxine withdrawal. *mt*

(1/2) > >>

Tallulah:
I stopped taking my medication. Managed a few days before taking a small dose today, I felt totally possessed and desperate. Anything to stop the brain zaps and sickness and shakes. I feel like such a disgusting weak addict. I don't want to be on this medication, I caved and took it and the zaps haven't even gone away, still feel awful.

I feel dirty and horrible and addicted. Surely doctors shouldn't prescribe something that can make you feel like this?

Sue:
Hello,  :wave:

I think it is one of the worst antidepressants for withdrawal, due to it having a short half life. You need to come off it slowly. Have you discussed this with the prescriber? They may be able to help you. Apparently Prozac has a long half life and you can change on to that from Venlafaxine and then come off that.

Tallulah:
My GP won't let me come off medication, they think it's not worth risking my "stability". That's a load of rubbish because I'm not stable, I'm just not an immediate concern to them because I'm no longer under 18 and underweight ::) I hate that they don't listen to me. I don't want to be medicated, I don't want to be addicted to something that doesn't even work.

unknown_member:
it is horrible to come off.. i went off it cold turkey earlier this year (not advisable) and it took about two weeks for me to feel right xx

hope it gets easier for you soon xxx

Skye:
When I came off venlefaxine i began taking amitriptyline at the same time (prescribed) which i think really helped as i was coming off a high dose of venlefaxine. However on the days i ever missed a dose of venlefaxine it was miserable so i sympathise, you really need to get checked out though, cold turkey is not pleasant  :hug1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version