Author Topic: SharpTalk Research Study  (Read 97225 times)

Offline awkwardangel

• Haven
  • Usually here
Re: SharpTalk Research Study
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »
lol I just felt like whinging about it! Silly me!  :frying pan:
"People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Offline phoebe_monkey

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2009, 02:37:27 PM »
What group do you think you're in Firenze? Aimee and me think that we're in the one with only young ppl cos there's quite a few people posting and it says group 1.
last sh: 02/01/13

Offline phoebe_monkey

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Wonder if the pros have been told not to post for the first week or something? Strange.

Well... it's not that busy, but we've currently got 15 topics + 121 posts in the Support/Crisis room, 13 topics + 97 posts in the Debates/Discussion room and 3 topics + 70 posts in the Random and off topic room. There are 22 people in our welcome thread- excluding the 3 (or 4?) mods and 2 researchers.

What about your group?

Offline Aimee

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »
PM's are read? I guess that's fair enough, I've been using the PM function more than the forum I think.
:hide:

Offline phoebe_monkey

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »
Woaw... seems like we have a lot more ppl actually posting for support.

*i just re read the rules and stuff........PMs are read aswell as posts*

^ what?! totally didn't read that bit!

Offline adriana

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2009, 08:54:50 PM »
I thought (might be very wrong here) that the pros were going to have their own group for the first bit and we'd be mixed in later?

Offline phoebe_monkey

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2009, 09:39:11 PM »
I think that the pros are meant to be posting with us.

It says on the main website,
"We plan to have three separate discussion groups running at the same time. One will be made up entirely of young people with experience of self-harm; the other groups will contain a different mix of young people, healthcare students and qualified health professionals. This is because one of the things we want to do is compare how young people talk to each other when they are alone with how they talk when there are health professionals and students present. We will not tell you who else is in your group because that might influence the way you talk."

Offline Swinks

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2009, 03:07:12 PM »
im in group 1 but my name on there is catharsis... not sure why i used a different name though :l

Offline skipscop

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • "I used to be normal...but it drove me mad"
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2009, 08:52:38 AM »
Hey, I’m in group 1 too!  ;D
"Fear is a poison produced by the mind, and courage is the antidote stored always ready in the soul." - One Door Away From Heaven, Dean Koontz

Offline awkwardangel

• Haven
  • Usually here
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2009, 02:26:20 PM »
SharpTalk seems stricter than here on NSHN. Cause I got a PM saying that my thread had been deleted. Fair enough I thought but I couldn't understand why. Cause it had all the necesary trigger warnings etc, and it was basically the same things I'd been writing on here.  :trig: It was just suicidal thoughts etc. nothing horific and if it had been i would have put a trig warning.

Anyway... rant over.

I don't really like the format of sharptalk anyway , i prefer here .  :hug2: for nshn! lol yeah, well its hard to explain what i mean so....hmm.

"People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross