Author Topic: Aches  (Read 3937 times)

Bethy

Aches
« on: July 05, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
On depression screening questionnaires it asks whether you've been concerned about aches/pains - how do the two correlate?

I'd not really experienced it before but lately my body really aches (though of course that could be unrelated, I'm just curious!)

Offline Olivia

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: Aches
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:02:32 PM »
Not entirely sure, but I think I that depression can sometimes manifest itself as physical symptoms - maybe this is where the aches and pains come in?!

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:43:50 PM »
^+1

I have always thought that if your mind is struggling then it makes sense that your body might start struggling too... and if you have a low immune system from being down /depressed then it makes sense that aches and pains might start to creep in ? xxx
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
When I'm at my worst with my mood, I get stomach aches, feel very nauseous and am sometimes sick. I've been told that it's most likely due to depression/anxiety because I don't suffer with it at any other time.

Sorry you're achy. :hug2:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline angeldevil123

• ---- o18s
  • Usually here
    • My world in a blog
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »
You are aching/hurting because of feeling untested from sleep and cks of the anxiety and depression is causing the body to go into non sleep and can not repair itself. A study was done on healthy people and the same thing happened, they become depressed from lack of sleep and pain
RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)