Author Topic: Scars?  (Read 8209 times)

Osiris

Re: Scars?
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
I keep mine covered and try to forget they're there. The only time they'll ever be seen by anyone is if I'm being treated in hospital.

Bethy

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)

As of this year I've been wearing 3/4 sleeves around my mum and sisters, and one of my housemates. I go swimming weekly too and in front of strangers I actually find it fine. I think the more used to it I'm getting, the more I'm realising that people actually don't think it's a big deal. Most don't even notice (although I never, ever thought I'd say that! And mine are faded).

Offline catapult

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »
Someone already said it, but its definitley personal to yourself how you deal with them. Thankfully, alot of mine have faded, and are barely noticable unless pointed out. I know where they all are of course, and it only comes to mind if somone is right next to me, i wonder if they can see. I do have some that are blatantly obvious, i have alot of tattoos, i cut thru one once, quite a long wound, so the scar is plain as day, but theres no other ones round it so i think maybe people might think i had an accident or something. The only other ones that concern me are on my upper thigh, these are only visible when i go swimming, or am kicking around in my house in shorts.

I figure the only peoples opinions that matter, are the people i know. The people that i know, and respect, understand, and its not an issue. I actually find a little comfort in having people like this in my life, they dont see the scars, they see me, which is what counts. Anyone else? Well theyre strangers to me, and have found over time that people are mostly wrapped up in themselves and their own lives. Occasionally ive noticed people looking at my scars, i figure what they think is up to them, their opinions dont matter, and no ones ever said anything out loud to me about them anyway.

So, id say do whatever feels comfortable. Our scars just show how we've survived, the only persons opinion on them, that should matter, is your own.
Last cut: 10/03/14
Last OD: 20/12/13
Last purge: 01/03/14
Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

NHS Direct 0845 4647   Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text Sams 07725909090