Author Topic: Neighbour *Potentially on topic*  (Read 5333 times)

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
Neighbour *Potentially on topic*
« on: October 10, 2012, 11:43:30 PM »
There has been shouting/screaming and bangs interchanged with loud music (enough that I can hear the lyrics/feel vibrations) coming from downstairs for the past 2 hours. (I live in a maisonette). A male lives there alone as far as I'm aware. There has been a female voice and potentially a second male voice. What do I do? My brain says I'm overreacting, my heart says call the police, but what if I'm wrong? We've had the police knock on our door before asking after him and we know he takes drugs but I don't want to ring the police if it's all innocent etc. Should I just ignore it? It's obviously getting quite late and I have an early start tomorrow  ::-\:

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Neighbour *Potentially on topic*
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »
Sounds like a very awkward situation to be in.
What did you do in the end?

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 07:02:27 PM »
The police came out, said we were right to call them.

Offline Willow89

• First posts
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 07:18:55 PM »
I live in the north east and we have a 101 number to call (dont know if its nationwide) that you can report a non emergency and its up to the police what they do :)

i remember the flat we used to live in we were 2nd floor and if we looked out we would reguklarly see one of them downstairs chucking plates and lamps at the other, but they stayed together and were quite happy except when a plate went for their head!!

x

Offline Butter

• Standard Member
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 07:46:18 PM »
101 is still only active in some parts of the UK (It's in the process of being rolled out at the moment!), so depending on where you live, it may or may not be active.

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 07:54:30 PM »
We did use 101, but they put us through to 999.