Author Topic: DBT ? Anyone have experience of?  (Read 6498 times)

Offline bernie

• 18+
  • Usually here
DBT ? Anyone have experience of?
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:02:52 AM »
Cbt counsellor rang last night 6pm work late! to say Cbt has been canx as I have been put forward for DBT. Looking on the web site it looks a bit scary. Any one had any of this counselling and what is it supposed to do. Why is it diff from CBT. Answers much appreciated as I am worried now as it looks more intensive and serious. None of my counsellors have really told me what is wrong with me other than 'being in limbo' when my dismissal was going thru but now I have been dismissed although Appeal pending they seemed to have upped the anti. Bernie

Offline bernie

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: DBT ? Anyone have experience of?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
Have been on to my old counsellor. She said cbt counsellor hadn't handled it very well. She had asked him to keep seeing me till new appt arrived for dbt. Said he was 'young' and probably did not realise. So she will see me next week. Still a bit worried about dbt. I asked her about the personality disorder bit and she said that wasn't why I was doing it, it was more for the s/h. I said I didn't do that much. She said it was serious and I had asked to be taken seriously which I do but when you don't know what is going on it is difficult. Hubby not happy I am on here says I am saying things about him like I do in counselling. I told him I don't 'only in passing' sort of thing. dont know what to think. Have put in for an employment tribunal appeal yesterday. Thought I was too late but the Union rang and told me to go on line. It scares me but it is done now.

Offline bernie

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
just looked at DBT on Mind website. looks as if it may take 2-3 hours per week to do or have I got this wrong. Also there is a crisis line direct to the counsellor that deals with you. Does that mean I cannot ring other crisis lines? Confused

Offline bernie

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 07:56:40 AM »
rang counsellor yesterday afternoon. She realised I needed more than just talk to her over the phone. She let me see her at 4pm she is very good that way. Said the mix up about counsellors and cbt dbt was an admin error. Said I felt that everyone had abandoned me. Feel specially vulnerable at the moment as hubby now u/e he is at home all day. I am always 'on edge' when he is at home as I can't do what I want. He winds me up and when I am angry or upset I want to s/h and can't do it when he is here. And he doesn't like me going on the forum. says it is bad for me and I should be looking for a job. Had panick attacks talking to her yesterday, as so much has happened again this week. She has promised to see me next week as well. I am not looking forward to Xmas or 'being nice' to everyone. Want to s/h but know that questions will be asked if show up with scars/plasters on my arm. She has emailed person who deals with dbt to get me assesses asap but it is the first guy I met when I started with all this mental health business who said there was nothing wrong with me and basically to stop wasting his time. I don't like him and he knows it. So we will have to see where we go from here.

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
i've been referred for this - but since referral it's been about 8 months and i'm still waiting to hear back. Think i've been forgotten. What a suprise.
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Offline bernie

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
Hi.often happens apparently when one person doesn't spk to another or dept. Ask at your next counselling session. Let me know how you get on .