Author Topic: meeting new people  (Read 6403 times)

Offline Daley92

• First posts
meeting new people
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:47:09 AM »
Ive recently started to sh nothing big atm, but the release I'm getting isn't as great as it used to be. I'm debating if i should cut deeper, i really dont want to but I can not bare not having that release. any advice? also id like to meet and hang out with some other self harmer i think it would do me some good instead of being alone all the time thanks :)

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: meeting new people
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
Making friends is a good step and recognising that you don't want to be alone is brill.

Do you mind me asking where abouts you live?

When the way you typically SH loses its release it can be easy to slip into the habit of doing it worse, deeper, with different tools etc.

What professional support are you receiving, if any?

Well done fo joining the forum and asking for advice, that's very postive :hug2:
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x

Offline Daley92

• First posts
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:58:57 PM »
hey,
Thank you, I'm living in Romford Essex.
I'm not getting any professional help atm, I really don't want to get any that's abit too scary for me, i really don't want people digging into my head and my past that's too much to handle :(

thanks for your positivity it means alot :)

Offline Daley92

• First posts
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:03:07 PM »
hey,
Thank you, I'm living in Romford Essex.
I'm not getting any professional help atm, I really don't want to get any that's abit too scary for me, i really don't want people digging into my head and my past that's too much to handle

thanks for your positivity it means alot

Offline miss

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:37 PM »
The forum is a good start, although its not meeting up in real life its a good safe place to talk to others who understand.
Have you looked at any of the distraction methods, like using ice or a rubber band to inflict a less damaging pain? Maybe that would help with release without letting your harming escalate.
Things are getting worse but I feel a lot better
And that's all that really matters to me
-Counting Crows

Offline Daley92

• First posts
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 09:41:04 PM »
I haven't I will give it a try, thanks for the suggestions, I'm willing to meet in real life if people need an ear for just to spend some time with someone who understands what they are going through it gets lonely

Offline miss

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »
I think meet up are frowned upon in the forum rules, for everyones safety. But the online forum a good place to start receiving support. Maybe you could look up any charities in your area that might deal with it? Possibly a mind group. You library might have some info on groups to meet up.
-Counting Crows

Offline Daley92

• First posts
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »
oh right i didnt know that :s ahh thats very helpful thanks alot, i shall see if i can find the courage todo so tomorrow evening :)

Offline miss

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 09:59:40 PM »
Thats ok, like I said this is a very safe environment, the mods do a lot to keep us all safe and equal but it come with rules..you can read here,  http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0 its pretty helpful to familiarise yourself but everyone is very friendly so nobody will get stressed out at you either so dont panic about memorising them! :working:.
Hope you find the help you need here.
-Counting Crows