Author Topic: Concealing a cut  (Read 5418 times)

Offline Tortuousphoenix

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
Concealing a cut
« on: November 18, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »
I was doing so well, hadn't SH in over 2 years and then slipped last Sunday.  Unfortunately, I've become a little out of practice at hiding the cuts.  The last time I SH I worked 3 days a week and had 3 long sleeve tops so it worked fine.  Now I work 5 days and can't cover my arms everyday, I wore my hoodie all day for 2 days last week even though the office was roasting.

I suck with make-up but need to learn how to cover my cut.  Is there any advice anyone can give me to help blending some make-up or another way to cover it?

Thanks
TP

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
Re: Concealing a cut
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »
If its fresh e.g there is a scab makeup will do nothing other than possibly give you an infection!

depending on where it is have you tried wearing some kind of support bandage saying you have pulled something? a medicinal bandage claiming ypu hurt your arm in an innocent way? a lot of bracelets? (possibly not if your male  :thumbsup:) sweat band? buy more long sleeve tops? wash long sleeve tops very frequently so can keep wearing (highly impractical) wearing a cardigan thats thinner (e.g hoodies are hot).

Makeup wise i have camoflage makeup from the red cross but i rarely use it as it not effective at covering texture as mine are keloid scars but if it is new i reckon you will have a similar problem. However green helps cover red, you will need to use a concealer type makeup thats thick covered with a powder to help sort of set it and you will need it to blend the colour into the surrounding area .... it never very successful in my opinion.

Good luck  :blushing:hopefully someone may have some better suggestions, i never show my scars and so am very well practiced at hiding them but it basically means i live my entire life in sleeves, i have a lot of cardigans etc  :blushing: I also think you can find info in the ref section on covering scars :)
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline Tortuousphoenix

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »
Its just starting to scab, its at the itchy stage so I thought maybe make-up would work this week.  I've been trying concealer, tinted moisturiser and power but I'm so pale the tiniest bit of colour is noticeable.

Unfortunately it's right in the middle of my arm so bandage and bracelets aren't really an option.  I don't own any cardigans and since I'm planning on making this a blip and not a regular occurance I begrudge paying for something I won't need more than a few weeks.  It probably sounds weird but it feels like giving in and admitting I suspect it'll happen again.

I guess I'll just wash my work tops during the week.

Thanks for your suggestions, its pretty much what I suspected :-D

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
Ah sorry i tried  ::-\: if its in the middle of your arm wouldn't an old fashioned banadage work ? if its an individual one couldn't you just say i slipped when chopping veggies etc etc? Hope it heals soon  :)
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12