Author Topic: Clopixal and other support  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Jacqui

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
    • Jac's Junk Room
Clopixal and other support
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »
Hi
I'm not saying I haven't self harmed at all in the last 3 yrs, but when I have its been because of a blip in my support network. I just wanted to share how I have managed to cope without self harming in that time.
My psychiatrist put me on a fortnightly injection of 200mg of clopixal and 4mg tablets at night. This is only a very low dose. I also take 225mg of dothiepin and 1mg of lorazepam at night. This combination of pills and the injection have slowed down my mind enough to curb my need to self harm. I also qualified for direct payments from the county council and that mean they pay me an award to enable me to hire a personal assistant, gardener, and pay my next door neighbour for additional support when I need it. The 2 episodes of self harm occurred only when my last assistant was taking weeks off from visiting me due to sickness. I have since sacked him and hired a new personal assistant who comes three times a week for 12 and a half hours and cleans and shops for me. I see my cpn every two weeks for my injection and to chat over my problems if needed and I also see my psychiatrist between 1 and 4 months depending on how my mood is.

I guess what I am saying is don't give up on getting the right kind of support for you. Its taken many yrs to get here but I am content with how my life has been going for the last 3 yrs. The support is out there and a lot of the relief has been in talking therapies, a good level of support and the right tablets/injection. I know I will never be well enough to work but as long as my support is consistant I will be OK and that's all I ever wanted.

I hope reading this will give some of you all hope that there is relief and it can be attained.

Jax xx
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't really out to get you.

Offline Daisy Bell

• 18+
  • Silver Member
Re: Clopixal and other support
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 09:57:01 PM »
 :hellokitty:
Hi congratulations on getting stable it would not have happened without a lot of hard work from you too. I am worried about going on to ESA I am worried I will be declared fit for work because I am no longer self harming. How has this worked out for you?

Offline Jacqui

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
    • Jac's Junk Room
Re: Clopixal and other support
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »
I have a good psych who knows I wouldnt be able to thrive in a working environment. Just because you havent self harmed doesnt mean that you no longer have the potential to self harm. It takes a lot to keep me stable... strong medication, a support worker for 4 hours a day for 3 days a week, regular contact with my psychiatrist.
I must admit I am worried about the same things as you but my cpn and psychiatrist said I shouldnt worry. I am relying on them to make sure Im ok.
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't really out to get you.