Author Topic: Corrective surgery... *scars*  (Read 5497 times)

Offline smile

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • boo!
Corrective surgery... *scars*
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:32:56 PM »
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing ok, it's been a while since I was around these parts...

I just dropped in to say that I'm getting cosmetic surgery next month after finally finding a cosmetic surgeon on the NHS who will work on my scars! He's basically going to:
 :trig:

Remove damaged areas of skin and stick it all back together again. Yes, that's the technical term for it  :;):. There will still be scars, but hopefully the kind that are considerably less visible. This is a huge deal for me as I feel that visible scarring  on my lower and upper arms is having a negative impact on my career, self confidence, relationships etc. and I want nothing more than for it to go away. I realise that it isn't going to go away completely, but this will hopefully be a big improvement.

Anyone else had this kind of thing done? Can anyone give me any idea of what to expect? The surgeon has told me that he can't promise anything, but I'm hopeful.  :)
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. - Goerge Bernard Shaw

http://www.girleffect.org/

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. - Marie Curie

Offline mistycat

• First posts
Re: Corrective surgery... *scars*
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
Hi, curious as to how you got funding for this, I am currently trying to get corrective surgery as I've stopped sh'ing and really just want to move on with my life. I had a letter this morning from the plastic surgery department saying it's a non-funded procedure - really upset.