Author Topic: CBT/DBT Last counselling session?  (Read 4204 times)

Offline bernie

• 18+
  • Usually here
CBT/DBT Last counselling session?
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »
Just been to see my counsellor for the last time? now I am seeing the new one for CBT i don't need to see her anymore. I knew this but felt a bit bereft when she told me. She has been my rock has helped me thru my dismissal hearing and has been there at the end of the phone for me. The other counsellor I see has just done a risk assessment on me so I know who to ring when in crisis and it obviously is not her. My other counsellor has also put me in for DBT didn't realise I would be doing this as well as CBT? Apparently is for s/h's. I felt like giving my counsellor a hug but I am not a huggy person and feel 'strange' hugging people. Don't ask me why, maybe I was not hugged as a child. I make myself do it for my son so he  knows he is loved. But I feel strange doing it, but I know that's what people do. I probably will still see her as she works in the same place as my new counsellor but he will just do the cbt and is a trainee so it won't be the same. I have to see him this afternoon. She asked me how far I felt I had come. I said I was not sure. Sometimes I feel as if I have achieved something, I didn't think I would make it to Xmas. Other times, in crisis I feel as if i have stepped backwards. Sometimes I feel as if I am at the end of a precipice looking down and I don't know whether another 'crisis' will push me over too much....

Offline bernie

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: CBT/DBT Last counselling session?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »
crisis has happened!