Author Topic: rape crisis - southwest... *poss trig SA*  (Read 4485 times)

split

rape crisis - southwest... *poss trig SA*
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:34:41 AM »
Well, cmht up north called me yesterday after her telling me about a month ago that they couldn't help me but they would send me a leaflet to explain what was wrong with me (I know what's wrong with me. I live it every day).

Anyhow, she wanted to refer me more urgently to psychology (2 year wait instead of 2 and a half years) and to a rape crisis group (it was 7 years ago, and I don't like to be made out to be a victim).

Anyhow. I am of course moving to Somerset in the next few weeks. She is going to write a letter for my new GP to explain everything on my behalf but has said I should look into finding a rape crisis group down there to at least try it. So being the good little girl I am I had a look and from taunton where I will be living, the nearest I could find through searching online is Bristol. So I was wandering, without intending to pry into others lives where I am not wanted... Are there any closer ones as I have very limited time available away from work so the travel time to Bristol and back is not fitting.

All help greatfully received. X

split

Re: rape crisis - southwest... *poss trig SA*
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 08:31:05 PM »
i have done some more research this afternoon. the nearest one is infact in exeter... which is still too far. quite glad though, i didnt wanna go because those places are all about being the victim am giving everyone else the blame. which isnt my style.

thanks to anyone who looked but didnt find.