Author Topic: occupational health questionnaire...o_O  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
occupational health questionnaire...o_O
« on: May 09, 2013, 05:56:10 PM »
Is very worried. The people that offered me the job have just sent me a questionnaire. It asks

Have you ever required inpatient treatment for a mental health problem?
Have you ever had suicidal thoughts requiring medical intervention?
Have you ever self harmed?

I have to answer yes to those things if I am being honest....but im worried that will mean no new job. :(
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline jackgrillo

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Totally King of Rainbow!
Re: occupational health questionnaire...o_O
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »
I think in this situation, you have to answer truthfully.

If you didn't, and they found out, that would give them grounds for dismissal. They're not allowed to discriminate on the grounds of mental health, and a lot of places are realising that actually people with mental health difficulties aren't actually that different to 'normal' (I hate that word) people.
:13328: <-- gregory
:13328: <-- that one was given to me by chihiro

I like walking in the rain because then nobody can see me cry

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: occupational health questionnaire...o_O
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44:07 PM »
Ive lost 2 jobs ive been offered because of this kind if thing so u guess im just freaked.

I know I have to answer honestly. But im really scared it will mean they will turn me down.

Im going to try to ask the psychiatrist what he thinks I should write in the additional boxes. I hate the way that my choices related to mh in the past mean im screwed now. :(
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”