Author Topic: making time for myself?  (Read 7054 times)

Offline Poison_viper

• 18+
  • Usually here
making time for myself?
« on: February 20, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »
I'm really struggling with this one. I run around doing all sorts for the kids, the usual really, and am also spending alot of time looking after the Mr after his operation, although his recovery is getting there, he still has a way to go. And he may also be going back to work in the near future, I am imagining it will be hard work for him catching up, and tiring. I will probably be back to doing pretty much everything else again like right after his op.

I am pretty much exhausted, and that's with him helping out a bit. I don't know how I am going to fit in time to wind down when he is back at work, I also told myself I would make a doctors appointment as I have been feeling quite down recently. But I haven't had the time or energy, it's about 1 1/2 hour walk there and back, and I will have to take at least the pushchair with an increasingly heavy baby/nearly toddler. And I will have to fit it around the oldest's playschool times, as i don't really want her coming with me. This also means fitting it between dropping her off/picking her up, which will leave me walking for the majority of the day. And right now I can hardly peel myself up off the sofa to take her to her playschool.

So, I need to find time to wind down, and I could really use going to the doctors.... I think. But both are logistical nightmares.
Last SH - 06/01/2010

Offline sprog

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: making time for myself?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:24:30 AM »
Sounds rough, and sort of like you're running on empty, bless you. :hug2: if wanted.

Is there any possibility in having someone you know and trust look after your children for a day, to better let you visit the doctor, but in your own time and without other obligations swimming about your mind?

Sorry I can't offer much use, but hope things ease up a little for you soon, or become more feasibly manageable at least.

Offline smiler

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • one way or another it is possible to succeed
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:04:35 AM »
apartently (if you live in england - as i dont know where you live!!)
Surestart can do grants
where under certain situations
you can get home help and childcare,
even for breast feed children
may be worth asking

hugs
no one wants to know
no one cares
those who do want to know,
  want to know so they can use it against me
hurt, pain, anger, destruction, death and hatred, the story of my life
all i hope for is some one i can love trust and believe loves and cares for me and wants whats best for me

Offline Poison_viper

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
Running on empty describes it perfectly, i wake up tired, I am tired all day, and i go to bed utterly exhausted. Sleep is probably the main factor, I haven't gotten enough sleep really for the whole year and a bit since my baby was born!

And plenty of chances for my mum helping out with the oldest, if she isn't working. But she won't take the youngest for me at the moment, there is a bit of a clash at the moment as she really doesn't agree with my parenting choices (breastfeeding as long as suits both of us, and not controlled crying) and i think she is reluctant to help out while she thinks alot of the tiredness is my fault, and I bring it on myself. Other than that, I don't think there is anyone I can think of, I don't have any other friends I would feel comfortable enough asking.

And smiler, I am using a similar service i think, homestart, they come 2 hours a week, it takes the pressure off a little, but then there is the rest of the week to tackle..... seems selfish, i am getting help, just doesn't feel like it makes much of a dent when I am totally b**nt out.

I know the advice when b**nt out is get enough sleep and find time for yourself. I don't see it happening though....  ::-\:
Last SH - 06/01/2010

Offline Poison_viper

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
Silly me, baby had one year checkup, I had to fill out a form asking if i had any concerns, under depression i ticked 'no concerns'  ::)  :frying pan: apparently I'm a wuss!
Last SH - 06/01/2010

Offline wendymum

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:30:35 PM »
Could you phone your health visitor and ask for a home visit.  If you tell her/him how you are feeling she will flag it up with your GP - that's what mine did.  If you tell her your access problems she may be able to suggest a way to help with that as well.  Hugs.

Offline Poison_viper

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
Could you phone your health visitor and ask for a home visit.  If you tell her/him how you are feeling she will flag it up with your GP - that's what mine did.  If you tell her your access problems she may be able to suggest a way to help with that as well.  Hugs.
Maybe, i was rather hoping to bring as few people into this as possible though, also, I am rubbish phoning people  ::)

I am just trying to find a way at the moment for me to be able to go on my own without having to drag the pushchair, gives me the freedom to catch the bus (the ones here you have to fold the pushchair down to get on, which is a mission) and then I can save myself alot of energy and walking too.

Mr is suggesting I go over the next few days, as he will be back at work by monday. But In order to get an appointment for tomorrow I will need to tell them it's urgent, and I don't feel it is, and friday is kind of busy for us, so don't know if I will manage it...
Last SH - 06/01/2010

Offline Poison_viper

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »
So the Mr, bless him, booked me an appointment yesterday afternoon, for today. And took both the kids so I could make my own way there.

Ive been put on lofepramine, I'm a little nervous about taking it while breastfeeding, but the doctor did assure me it is safe. Despite the leaflet in the box saying the opposite....  ::)
Last SH - 06/01/2010