Author Topic: The old me.  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
The old me.
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
The other day, my Nan said that it was like having the "old me" back. She said that she hadn't seen me looking so well in years, and that she wondered why they hadn't changed my medication to the current combination sooner. She said that my laugh sounds genuine again and that I seem more relaxed.

Today, my Mum said that my step-dad has said the same thing - that they've got back the person who I used to be back. The bubbly, happy, smiley person who enjoys life. Mum said that she can see it in my eyes. She said she hadn't realised how different I'd been until I became like I am now.

It's weird. I do feel really well. I feel happy and settled (now the stress of moving house is over) and quite content. Even the getting a job thing isn't dragging me down as much. I've got a lot of voluntary stuff going on at the moment and I will find the right job in time.

I don't really know why I'm posting. I guess it feel a bit weird, you know? It feels odd when people say that it's nice to have to old me back. I didn't realise that I'd changed so much, but perhaps I had. That's a bit scary in itself - I don't want to be a changed person. I like being happy. Then I worry about it just being the medication, especially after what my Nan said - I don't want to be false, you know? But then, Mum said that I'm the person I used to be, before all of the MH stuff started, so perhaps the meds are just righting what was wrong.

Thinking out loud, I know. Just wanted to put it somewhere.
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Skye

Re: The old me.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
I definitely know what you mean, its great those close to you are seeing the change too  :) good on you lovely xx

Offline babylady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
Inspirational, thank you and really very well done. x

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:12:13 PM »
that's great Terri... so pleased things are starting to look brighter for you xxxx
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline smiler

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • one way or another it is possible to succeed
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
 :1059:

:477: i am so happy for you  :1025:

:yahooo: thats fantastic

woohoo
no one wants to know
no one cares
those who do want to know,
  want to know so they can use it against me
hurt, pain, anger, destruction, death and hatred, the story of my life
all i hope for is some one i can love trust and believe loves and cares for me and wants whats best for me

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:36:19 PM »
Thank you. :hug2:

Positive stuff keeps happening. I picked up my meds from the pharmacy the other day and the person who served me said it was lovely to see me out and about. She said that I need to keep it up, which I do. Once I start staying in, everything seems to spiral downwards and it usually ends badly.

I had a really good appointment with a Next Step advisor today and she's given me some new ideas with regards to work. She highlighted the transferable skills I have and boosted my confidence a bit. Just got to pull together what she's written and put it down on a CV.

So far so good...
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline wendymum

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:23:47 PM »
 :1059: Go Terri! x

Offline Anne_Gwish

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
That's fantastic! :hug1:

*badger* Rodger from the lovely Blue_Human :13886:

never is just reven spelt backwards

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
 ;D glad your doing well been away for a bit and im pleased to see sucha positive post from you  :1059:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline sparkledust

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • when you wish upon a star.........
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 12:33:50 AM »
 :1059: :smurfy: :smurfy:
[img width=250 height=52]
there is no such thing as strangers,simply friends waiting to meet