Author Topic: Thoughts on tattoos  (Read 11660 times)

Offline missy

• Bronze Member
Re: Thoughts on tattoos
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »
Ive got 6, had 9 3 were covered up, like many of you I love my ink and everyone has a story, I have a beautiful blue rose on my shoulder, a 1940 Alberto Vargas pin up girl, script on my right foot, cute cupid on my hip, black and grey roses on the bottom of my back and my mystical creature on the back of my neck - hes called Bert....

My kids eyes will be going on soon and script from my favorite song by Metallica - Trust I seek and I find in you will follow soon after

Offline Jacqui

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
    • Jac's Junk Room
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »
I had most of my tattoos done on my lower arms to cover scars. I worried that getting tattoos was just another form of self harm but I feel so positive about them that self harm never entered my head when I was having them done. I do wish I had thought of getting a sleeve done before I covered my arms in random tattoos cos now I have to decide on something that will fill the spaces and still look like the whole tattooing episode was planned a bit better.
My second grandson arrived on the 21st dec and I have to have his name tattooed on my upper arm so that will be my next project.
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't really out to get you.

Offline ~hannah~

• 018s Buddy
  • Usually here
  • Buddy - PM or Email Any Questions!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »
Just a quick something I meant to put in my other post but got carried away and forgot!

There is also an element of 'reclaiming my body'/'making it mine/appealing to me' when I plan tattoos. I know I said about my feet but I also mean it in relation to SA. Obviously tattooing is not for everyone but I find it comforting and liberating knowing I'm in control of becoming someone I like.

Also, I get a little thrill at the idea of some time in the future when I've had them all done, that I'll a sort of living breathing canvas!  :icon_mrgreen:
*cat* <-- Calypso! Thanks SD x

Make Friends With Your Past, Then You Can Leave It At Last, Its Time To Find Yourself In Your Revolution.

Smile Like No One's Watching & Laugh Like There Is No Tomorrow!

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »
same here  ::) 
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline catapult

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »
Im trying to count my tats......i have 13... i think! Foot, hip, lower back, upper back, both inner wrists, both upper arms one of which is a sleeve to my elbow (not inner arm). I got my first one at 17 and the last one last year, so ive been periodically adding to them over the course of 13 years. Some cover scars, some i got to help heal emotional scars. I got one when i got married, another when i got divorced an so on an so on. The only reason i dont have more is i havnt been able to afford any for ages. Ive that many now i dont think it matters what i get! Theyre all different.

I do wonder sometimes who id be without them. For example, my wardrobe is limited, certain styles of dresses etc are out of the question as theyd clash with my ink. But i wouldnt be me without them. With each one, i could tell you where i got it, what clothes i was wearing, who i was with, what the weather was like that day, conversations i had, anything really. Each one is a story, a memorable event. A permanant reminder of who i was and the life i was living at the time, and in turn, shows me how far ive come and all the places ive been  :) An how much ive changed as a person.

Im sure everyone with ink has had 'the' question posed to them at one time or another, "what if you regret it when youre older?" I just say every mark or scar or tattoo on my body will be testement to my youth, the life i lived, and more than anything, i dont want to get old and wish i HAD done something, but didnt for fear of having regrets. Id rather get old and say 'i did'  :)
Last cut: 10/03/14
Last OD: 20/12/13
Last purge: 01/03/14
Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

NHS Direct 0845 4647   Samaritans 08457 909090 - Text Sams 07725909090

Offline End Credits

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »
I have a tattoo of a celtic cross on my right wrist. It is an exact replica of the tattoo my bf (who died last feb) had on his arm but on a smaller scale. I'll never regret having it done, just regret all the scars on my body which I have caused. Have not and will never self harm in the area where my tattoo is as want it to always be an area of my body I don't feel ashamed off. This tattoo feels particularly special as my bf originally got it done to remember his best friend who also passed away so I feel in many ways that I am carrying it for both of them.   
When the blood dries in my veins
And my heart feels no more pain
I know, I'll be on my way
To heaven's door

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »
I have three, the side of my rght hand, my left inner wrist and writing up the inside of my right arm.
I have the initials of my faavourite band on my hand SYL - for strapping young lad :-)
never regretted any of them!!
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Offline Olivia

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »
Hi All,

Well today was tattoo day and I'm now the proud owner of my first tattoo  :)

I went with a slightly different design in the end, but I'm really happy with it.

Thanks again for all your stories - you're all great  :hug2:

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 09:42:25 PM »
 :hyper: Congrats hun

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 09:50:41 PM »
That's great, Olivia!

I have "hope" tattooed on my right wrist with a little butterfly next to it. I love it. :)
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.