Author Topic: What just happened?! (positive, but does mention sh)  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Poison_viper

• 18+
  • Usually here
What just happened?! (positive, but does mention sh)
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »
So I was at a toddler group with my little one today, and I'm not sure how it came into conversation. But self harm got mentioned. And three of us started talking about how long it had been since we last SH'ed, in a positive way. One had gone 8 months, the other 5 1/2 years and me 3 (and a bit) years. I never ever expected to be having a conversation like that, with other Mums, it wasn't even that uncomfortable.

It was surreal, but it was good, but I'm still getting my head around the fact we just talked about something like that so openly. I'm not sure what it is about it that pleased me so much, but it was really lovely  :)
Last SH - 06/01/2010

Offline secret past

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: What just happened?! (positive, but does mention sh)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »
 :) I can see why that would feel good. It's the idea that there doesn't need to be a stigma or a feeling of guilt surrounding sh. You were all able to be honest about it and not to feel ashamed, which is huge!
Well done on 3 and a bit years!

Offline hell0insanity

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »
So I was at a toddler group with my little one today, and I'm not sure how it came into conversation. But self harm got mentioned. And three of us started talking about how long it had been since we last SH'ed, in a positive way. One had gone 8 months, the other 5 1/2 years and me 3 (and a bit) years. I never ever expected to be having a conversation like that, with other Mums, it wasn't even that uncomfortable.

It was surreal, but it was good, but I'm still getting my head around the fact we just talked about something like that so openly. I'm not sure what it is about it that pleased me so much, but it was really lovely  :)

I think it's just nice to know you're not alone :)

Bethy

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »
That must have been so nice to finally feel less alone with this xx

Offline smiler

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • one way or another it is possible to succeed
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 09:31:46 PM »
thats awesome

i am so happy for you

how old is your little one now
no one wants to know
no one cares
those who do want to know,
  want to know so they can use it against me
hurt, pain, anger, destruction, death and hatred, the story of my life
all i hope for is some one i can love trust and believe loves and cares for me and wants whats best for me

Offline Poison_viper

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
Thanks guys :) It really was nice.

And I have two daughters, the little one is 2 now, and my older daughter is 5 (!)
Last SH - 06/01/2010

Offline happy girl

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Barcelona !
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »
It must be nice to be able to just be yourself, and then the acknowledgement that other people have struggled in the same way you have must be a bit of a relief.

I joined a new team at work last year, and we were talking the other week, and someone mentioned anxiety, which led to a convo about mental health, and it turns out that 8 out of 10 of us are, or have been, on medication for mental health issues. We are aged 32 to 57, so I guess the longer you have lived the more you experience, good and bad. Nice to know all the same though...........we are normal  :yahooo:....whatever normal is... ??????!?

Enjoy your good feeling, and well done on 3 and a bit years, fantastic... :rock:
Once you kill a cow, you gotta make a burger....