Author Topic: How the NHS treats individuals who self harm project - please help  (Read 8064 times)

Offline NSHN Admin

• Standard Member
  • Silver Member
  • Don't send PMs here - send to other Admins
*For people in the Nottinghamshire or  South East Anglia area*

I am currently doing a project on how the NHS treats individuals who self harm, with the hope to highlight the kind of work they are doing and give them some feedback.

Therefore I am looking for volunteers who have had any kind of experiences with some aspect(s) of the NHS, for example a GP, A&E, paramedics e.t.c. , in direct relation to their self harm.

As a volunteer I would ask you a series of questions about your experiences, the interview will last about an hour and would be recorded (if it's ok with you) on an tape recorder so that I can listen to you properly and not make notes while you are talking. The experiences you give will then be used in my write up of the project, only extracts of what you say will be used and a fake name will be used for you aswell. Your participation will be confidential and there will be no way for anyone else to identify you.

I would travel to your home so as not to inconvenience you and to make you feel as comfortable as possible. If you at anytime decide you don't want to participate anymore, you can withdraw without any reason.

If you are interested in helping me with this project or if you have any questions, please feel free to message me and I will go in to more detail.

Thankyou, Liana

;D

Offline Liana

• Standard Member
  • First posts
Re: How the NHS treats individuals who self harm project - please help
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:57:10 PM »
It would preferably be face to face as this will be easiest to record the conversation and also perhaps the best way for us to get rid of the nerves as we can meet each other! However I understand if you don't want to meet so we could perhaps talk on the phone and I can send you the consent form in the post. :)

Offline Liana

• Standard Member
  • First posts
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:22:13 AM »
Just to clarify to everyone -
The project is completely confidential. You will only ever have to talk to me and it will be only for an hour.
We can meet and talk in a coffee shop or a library or university campus.
If anyone is interested or has any questions about my background or the project, please don't hesitate to ask.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline ConradTheWoollyLlama

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »
Perhaps you could use Skype and record with something such as Audacity? That would allow anonymity but also make it easy to record?
Let me strip off your logic and reasoning and make hot passionate sense to you

Offline Liana

• Standard Member
  • First posts
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:46:36 PM »
Thanks for the views.
The project has now been completed.