Author Topic: local therapy/counselling  (Read 5793 times)

Offline x_HadEnough_x

• Standard Member
  • Silver Member
  • 4 years on, I havent had enough just yet :D
local therapy/counselling
« on: November 28, 2011, 02:34:13 AM »
I can't find any reasonably priced therapy anywhere in London. if someone knows where I can go please hit me up!.
now I'm an 'adult' and at uni I'm really lost at where to get help ironically. It seemed like it all sorted it self out and was free when I was younger ha.
+ I haven't felt I've needed help for the last few years but struggling quite badly atm. getting chewed up in the London rat race!.
thank you in advance to anyone that can help !.  :thumbsup:
Hold on for tomorrow

Offline rainbow

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • This Too Shall Pass!
Re: local therapy/counselling
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:57:52 AM »
Hi,

Are there any counsellers at uni?

Sorry to hear your struggling xxx
With Love. x
Justice For Giraffes
How's it going today wee Mary? :;):
"I’ve been to the year 3000….. Not much has changed but Freddo's are £40.

Offline bernie

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »
have you tried your GP who should refer you or Richmond Fellowship who help people having mental crisis?

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
Your university should have a counselling service or a wellbeing service you can access. If your not sure/they don't I would try going to your GP....some practices have practice therapist/wellbeing practionners now or they should know of any free counselling services.

Have you tried looking for/googling youth services? When I was 19/20 I used a counselling service used by a youth advice centre that supported people up to the age of 25.

Hope you manage to find some support to get you through this rough patch. Try and cling on to the better times, you've got there before and can get there again.  :hug1:

P.s loving the your pic  :)
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear

Offline rainbow

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • This Too Shall Pass!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »
^+1! I didn't think of that, and I work for a youth service! ::)

A lot of your service's have their own young persons counselling team that you can access until you are 25, I know ours is self referal as well as refferal from other professionals. I have self reffered ours and been reffered across by my old psych.

Xx
With Love. x
Justice For Giraffes
How's it going today wee Mary? :;):
"I’ve been to the year 3000….. Not much has changed but Freddo's are £40.

Offline x_HadEnough_x

• Standard Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 11:24:54 PM »
thanks for the replies guys. didn't even think about whether the uni offers counselling but will definitely look into it !.  I came home for the weekend for a bit of a break and am dreading going back to uni tomorrow . but the rest has hopefully done me good !.
I was starting to feel like I was running out of possibilities and there was no help out there .
Hold on for tomorrow

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 11:32:04 PM »
Theres definately help out there  :hug1:

It can sometimes be hard to find in when your struggling, and you just can't think properly.

Can you maybe plan another visit home to help give you something to focus on? I hope the rest has done you some good and maybe going back wont be as bad as thinking about it  :hug1:
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear

Offline x_HadEnough_x

• Standard Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:42 AM »
yeah makes sense :)
I'm really trying hard this time to take it one step and a time , but you know when you can feel like slowllllly it might get to you. want to get help this time before I'm in that stage
I'm coming home again the week after next to house sit for my parents, so I'm looking forward to that. don't get me wrong my uni life used to be amazing, but my own personal struggles have completelyyy ruined it. I feel like next semester I might commute from home to uni, its possible, so I think it might be the best option for my own personal sanity.
x
Hold on for tomorrow