Author Topic: cut question sh graphic sorry  (Read 9943 times)

Offline brighteyes

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • to die would be the next great adventure
cut question sh graphic sorry
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:46:56 PM »
Sorry I'm not asking for medical advise but I've shd abit deeper than normal n I'm just wonderin what to do I can't go a&e I can't go anywhere tonight, but the cuts about the size of a finger wide n steris aren't holding it closed (even tho I've put 4 on) n u can see a lot of white lumpy stuff (which I've seen before just not this much) is there anything I can do other than steri myself? Sorry if not allowed wouldn't ask if had another option
behind closed doors, all is not what it seems,
you only have to realise with one look at me.
to see things that you didnt first see,
like the person i once was-i use to be.
behind closed doors is where it will remain,
now her sanity is gone she is no longer sane.

last od 5/11/11

Offline Tree

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: cut question sh graphic sorry
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:04:10 PM »
:1059:

It sounds like you really do need to go to A&E if the cut's that wide and you can say the tissue underneath. Is there anyone you can call to go with you? I hope you're ok. Please take care and get it looked at as soon as you can.

Tree xxx
\'For a tree to become tall it must grow tough roots amoung the rocks.\' Nietzsche.

Offline brighteyes

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 11:16:46 PM »
Thanks hun, its ok I can't go tonight I can probs go miu tomorow but its stopped bleeding just didn't expect it to that wide normally they gape but this one is more like a cirle in the middle of a cut if that makes sense, have sorta steried n put a bandage on I domt think its maroly deep just wide xx

last od 5/11/11

Offline Tree

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
Hi brighteyes,

How's the cut today? Did you get to MIU? I hope you're ok  :hug1:

Tree xxx
\'For a tree to become tall it must grow tough roots amoung the rocks.\' Nietzsche.

Offline Olivia

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 09:02:55 PM »
Hope you managed to get it seen to - sounds like it was the fatty tissue (in which case best to get it closed, reducing the risk of infection, size of scar and all that). Hope you're ok?

Offline brighteyes

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 09:22:59 PM »
Hi thanks sorry I majorly chickened out, I think I need to get it seen but feel so stupid, its not healing or closing and you can still see all the lumpy stuff but I just think they will say its my own fault. I've only been about sh when it has gone infected not when its open. I'm ok thankyou debating making a gp appt with my gp tomorow (he's really nice) but I've only seen him about mh or routeen stuff its should start healing soon I hope its probs too late to do anything now anyway just feel stupid going as its my own fault sorry x

last od 5/11/11

Offline Tree

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »

Hey brighteyes,

I know it's really hard but you need to go and get it checked out. I have had cuts like that and they take ages to heal, are much more likely to get infected and scar much worse. If your GP is nice then would be good to see him maybe? Don't feel bad, these people are there to help you.

How are you now?

Tree xxx

Offline brighteyes

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
:hug1: thanks tree I might fone in morning n ask if I can see him its a miu at my drs but don't think I could go miu. He is really nice I know it sounds stupid but I always worry they will think its pathetic/not deep enough (which I knows stupid to think) but I can't stop it. I'm doing a lot better than I was just wish I had shown cpn today n asked her if she thought it needs seeing to but have never shown her sh so would be breaking that (she's seen my arms when I was in hospital only time I didn't bother covering) thanks if its still looking this way in the morning I will fone him x

last od 5/11/11

Offline Tree

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »

No worries. I hope you are able to see your dr. Thinking of you.

Tree xxx

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »
Please do get it seen to hun. I often worry that people will think it's pathetic/not bad enough to warrant help, but before now my gp has asked if my injuries are ok and I will say yes, I think so and she insisted on checking anyway and found them to be worse than I was letting on and never has anyone (in a&e or miu ever indicated I've been wrong to get them checked, and often say were here if you need us). What I'm trying to say is, I think as sh'ers we often feel like our injuries don't warrant checking/treatment because of how we feel about ourselves and the fact it is self inflicted but that is simply not true.

I hope you can get your gp/practice nurse to see it or you can get to miu.....its better late than never and its better to prevent infection than to treat it.  :hug1:
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear