Author Topic: Stoptober  (Read 8877 times)

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Stoptober
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »
in my previous attempts that one first thing in the morning with a coffee was always the most difficult one to give up.
are you going to use anything to help you stop?
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »
i just realised your usiny e cigs.. how are you getting on? i prefer mine to fags.
 youll feel way better after a while and you can use them indoors..
Rabbits are better than people

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »
Ok so I failed miserably at stoptober but I still really want to quit, so going to give it another go... I have a few cigs in the house tho so unsure whether I should smoke them first or just quit now/tomorrow morning...?

I think it would be good to go to the doctors really and get patches etc but it would be weeks before I could get an appointment and I want to quit sooner than that...

My first goal is to make it to 24 hours that would be the longest I've gone for years...
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 05:01:50 PM »
Most towns have stop smoking places or pharmacies that can supply patches/gum etc, and at most go practices they have a nurse led smoking cessation...so it's not as long as you think you need to wait. It's worth giving them a ring to find out.

Good luck....and remember failure is never final. If you fall just get back up and try again.  :)
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »
Thanx yes I could go to the local pharmacy tomorrow...

What do you think I should do with the cigs I have left? I'm planning on smoking right up until bedtime but will still have about 15 left... It seems a waste of money to crumple them up especially if I only last a few hours like I have the last few times I've tried to quit... But then I suppose if I'm serious about it I won't be needing them... I don't know anyone nearby who smokes to give them too...

Throwing them in the bin would be quite therapeutic maybe? And give me extra incentive to not go and buy more... I don't think it would work having them in the house... Especially first thing in the morning when it's going to be hardest...
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 07:47:15 PM »
I think In some way or other, you need to get rid of them. Because not having them there makes it that little bit harder to go back to them.

you could give them to someone who doesn't smoke. Then you haven't got the waste of money attached to destroying them and should you end up giving in you could potentially get them back, or it can put a person between you and going back to it who would give you a bit of encouragement not to? (years ago when I was trying to stop sh, but couldn't bring myself to throw away my tools I gave them too friend which meant that I had to give her the chance to help me before I could sh).
Or if you feel up to it, destroying them could be quite theraputic.

Ultimately it's up to you, and I've never even smoked so can't say I've been there I just know the health benefits so like to back people trying to quit  :)
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 08:16:05 PM »
Thanx hidden tears I really appreciate your encouragement ... I think I've talked myself into destroying them... I don't have anyone I can give them to tonight and can't have them here in the morning...

It's a waste of money to smoke them anyway so I wasting money either way...  And if I succeed I won't ever have to buy more!

I'll go to the pharmacy in the morning x

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 09:40:41 PM »
Go for it Hun......You know where to come if you need some encouragement or distraction :) x