Author Topic: Exploring the lifecycle of self-harm: can you help?  (Read 8230 times)

Offline MelB

• Researcher
  • First posts
Exploring the lifecycle of self-harm: can you help?
« on: August 31, 2018, 02:55:10 PM »
Hello, my name is Melanie Boyce and I’m a senior research fellow at Anglia Ruskin University undertaking research that explores the lifecycle of self-harm in older adults. Self-harm remains an area where assumptions around age prevail. The assumption being that it generally begins in adolescence and ends by early adulthood. But, in reality we know very little about the lifecycle of self-harm. Therefore, the aim of this online research is to explore the lifecycle of self-harm in greater depth with the aim of widening and questioning narrow interpretations.

To take part you need to be 25 years or older and have direct experience of self-harm. If you are interested in taking part, please click the below link, which provides more details about the study and steps to take to complete the online survey:

https://angliaruskin.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/lifecycle-of-self-harm

If you do decide to take part a small gift of £25, in Love2Shop vouchers, will be offered along with a summary of the findings. The study is funded by Anglia Ruskin University and has ethical approval from the Faculty of Health, Social Care & Education.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

:icon_arrow:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:19:12 PM by Rob »

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Exploring the lifecycle of self-harm: can you help?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 01:37:30 PM »
Done.

I didn't want to give my details so it would be nice if you could post the results here.
Rabbits are better than people

Offline MelB

• Researcher
  • First posts
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:24:50 AM »
Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in the study. I will share the key findings from the research here, although it isn't likely to be until Spring next year.

Warm wishes,
Melanie

Offline MelB

• Researcher
  • First posts
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »
Thank you to all those who have taken part in this research so far, which explores the experiences of self-harm in older adults. Your contribution is most appreciated. If you are 25 years and older and interested in taking part there is still time. The link to the online survey is: https://angliaruskin.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/lifecycle-of-self-harm

The open questions take approximately 20minutes to complete and to thank you for you time and contribution you will receive a small gift of £25 Love2Shop vouchers.

Many thanks,
Melanie Boyce
(Anglia Ruskin University)

Offline sniper

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • "Stop asking if I'm OK, Im tired of lying"
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 02:38:13 AM »
Hi,

Just completed. I am interested to see the results. Hopefully a change can come from it, in some way (You never know).
Thanks for the opportunity.

:)
"From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says.....I survived!"

Offline MelB

• Researcher
  • First posts
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 12:34:52 PM »
Thank you to all those who have taken part in this research so far, which explores the experiences of self-harm in older adults. Your contribution is most appreciated. If you are 25 years or older and interested in taking part there is two weeks left before the study closes. The link to the online survey is: https://angliaruskin.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/lifecycle-of-self-harm

The open questions take approximately 20minutes to complete and to thank you for you time and contribution you will receive a small gift of £25 Love2Shop vouchers.

Many thanks,
Melanie Boyce
(Anglia Ruskin University)