Author Topic: Adapting Mental Health Assessment Tools for Autistic Adults Part II  (Read 6409 times)

Offline MHAutism

• Researcher
  • First posts
Thank you to all who took part in MH Autism's survey at the end of 2018 - we have a new survey available which will be the last step in developing adapted assessment measures.

We are looking for adults aged 18 years and over, to take part in a research study.

Our research has found that there are currently no tools available to assess depression, suicidal thoughts and suicidal behaviours in autistic people. This means that service providers are not able to appropriately assess depression or suicidality in autistic adults, making it difficult for autistic people with these difficulties to access treatment and support.

In partnership with autistic adults, we have adapted two widely used measures of depression, and suicidal thoughts and suicidal behaviours to make the questions more clear and relevant for autistic people. We are now asking both autistic people and non-autistic people from the general population to complete these adapted measures. This will help us learn if our new measures work for autistic and non-autistic people.

Taking part in the study will involve completing a private questionnaire online – you do not need to tell us your name or contact details. You will be asked to provide some information about yourself (your diagnosis/es, age, sex, employment, education, interests, coping in social situations and interpersonal needs). Then you will be asked to fill in each question on the original and adapted tools. The survey will take approximately 30 minutes to complete, and you can stop the survey at any time and come back to complete it later if you wish. Further information about the study can be found in the participant information sheet in the link below.

If you would like more information please contact the lead researcher Dr. Sarah Cassidy and her team:
[email protected]

To access the survey please click on this link:
http://tinyurl.com/y3w2jmy2

Thank you for considering taking part in this research project.

:emot-thumbsup11:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:46:15 AM by Rob »

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Adapting Mental Health Assessment Tools for Autistic Adults Part II
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 01:28:32 PM »
I didn't feel comfortable giving my email address at the end but if you can post the link or message me here I'd be happy to complete it. :)
Rabbits are better than people