Author Topic: Christmas / New Year and Self-harm  (Read 2441 times)

Offline exploringSH

• First posts
Christmas / New Year and Self-harm
« on: December 18, 2023, 08:23:43 PM »
Hey,

I'm writing an article about self-injury during Christmas / New Year for a website I run about self-harm, and I would like to hear anyone's personal experience(s), as it has more meaning and depth than statistics.

How do you tackle the holiday season? Does it have an influence on your self-harm behavior? Everyone is different, and there is no single answer. :xmastree:

I'd like to include some testimonies in my article, so please feel free to send me a dm if you'd prefer to share anonymously, or you can reply on this thread. Of course, no testimony will be used without consent. You can also give me a fictional name if you'd like to be quoted, along with the gender you identify with and your (approximate) age.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Offline exploringSH

• First posts
Re: Christmas / New Year and Self-harm
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 05:46:53 AM »
Hey everyone,
I hope you had a merry christmas.  :xmastree:
How did it go? I understand it can be a stressful time for those struggling with mental health issues, and I would still be interested in hearing from you.

Ideas of things you could talk about, although feel free to talk about whatever aspect you wish:

• Were you looking forward to Christmas / the festive season, or were you nervous about it?
  • Did Christmas end up being as you had expected it?
  • Did you spend Christmas with your family or friends? If so, did it make you feel closer? Feeling more supported?
  • Did you notice an influence on your self-injury during the festive season?
  • Did you take any preventive measures to protect your mental health during the festive season, like self-care for example?

Take care,
Nina