Author Topic: Care plan  (Read 8189 times)

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
Care plan
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
What is a Care plan?

had a cc letter from psychiatrist today - and it mentioned that the letter would be in my care plan? I don't know what one is.

Never had a copy of it, nor heard it mentioned before.

Offline hayley

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Care plan
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:42:04 AM »
Care Plan is a form filled in by cc with input from patient. You should see and also sign it to show you agree with it.
Kind of like a contract in a way - what you should do and what cc should do
What to do to decrease your risks
What to do when risks are high
Goals to achieve if necessary ( mine says increase days worked at voluntary job)
What/who to contact in times of crisis
How you manage your risks and how to tell if risk is increasing
Self-care score
Oh and a risk of suicide score!
Check out my blog! www.borderlineshavemoref un@wordpress.com

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:19 PM »
I've found that most psych's and GP's don't tell patients about them. They're copied to you and on your record at your GP Practice and CMHT but I've never had either comment on it to me, tell me about it, made me sign anything etc.

I see plenty at work because of my job but again, none of the Doctors speak to patients about them, they just go straight onto your electronic record.
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »
Thank you Hayley and Sian.

I'm confused.

If they are copied to me, why don't I have it? But then you said they just go on your record?

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »
Care plans that get sent with cc of psych letters are usually on the first page and are the bit in the black box. They usually say diagnosis: ........ Medication: ............. and about if out of hours call this number ........................

I'm trying to find an example of one but struggling.

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
Found one, you got an email I can send a screenshot to?

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
definitely don't remember that being on a letter

thank you x

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
I get the letter that sian is talking about, I was sent it for years before it suddenly stopped when the psych's secretary changed, so I asked about it and got them again. You can have a copy if you want one but I think some people only send it if you ask. But I think that is only part of it. Im sure you can request to have a copy of your full care plan if you want one...but im not sure exactly what is in it. We write them in conjunction with other pros where I work...but the set up is very different because it is a disabled childrens service. Ours cover everything from medical problems to what kind of story you like at bedtime. I would think adult mh care plans are very different...but essentially it should do what it says on the tin....plan out how they intend to care for you.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »
thank you xx

I've asked for copies of all correspondence and psychiatrist, psychologist, gp etc all know this. even my therapist does.

I can't stand NOT knowing stuff.

it's kind of worrying me a little but i'm happier now the message has been passed to my psych asking about it.

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 07:29:18 PM »
If you are 'registered for CPA' then this might help

http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/guide/mental-health/Pages/care-programme-approach.aspx

But then I dont suppose you would know without the paper with the black box. I was under CAMHS and have a copy of them...I can dig it out and give you the headings if you want
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”