Author Topic: Maths.  (Read 5443 times)

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
Maths.
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:44:27 PM »
I'm doing a course with work and I've just gone onto my second module. It took me 5 months to complete my first module because of stressing about working extra days and being scared of opening the workbook for fear of not being able to do it. Anyway, module one is done and checked and ready to be sent off to the NPA marker. I need to get cracking on the next module though, because I've only got 7 months to complete the remaining three modules - no messing about! I've looked through module two and it all looks OK except for the maths. There are moderately difficult drugs calculations to do and I'm worried I can't do them. I have to do them in the workbook and on a test at the end of the module (there was no test for the first module.)

I'm crap at maths. I did OK at GCSE and got a B, but that was 10 years ago. I did a bit of statistics in A Level psychology, but other than that, nothing. The most I've done is count out change using a till that tells you what to do... I'm wondering, does anyone know of any ways that adults can brush up on their maths? I don't qualify for a lot of the free adult courses because I have a GCSE at a reasonable grade and A Levels.

Stuck! Maybe online maths courses? Bleurgh. Stupid numbers. ::)
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Maths.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 02:05:43 AM »
I'm currently applying for Uni. and have to take maths/english entrance exams...one of the Uni's suggested this for help brushing up my skills! http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise

Offline jackgrillo

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Totally King of Rainbow!
Re: Maths.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »
This BBC site also looks like it could have some more information.

What sort of stuff do you need to be able to do?
:13328: <-- gregory
:13328: <-- that one was given to me by chihiro

I like walking in the rain because then nobody can see me cry