Author Topic: Change / Improve Your Life..  (Read 4961 times)

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
Change / Improve Your Life..
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
As the title says I am desperatly trying to change my life for the better in a well rounded fashion.

From the age of approximarly 15 my life spirraled into a disasterous mess of mental illness and self harm. I lost almost all the friends I had, I lost all my confidence, I began to hate myself and had no idea who or what I was as a person, what I wanted to be. I became so negative I just lost all hope and faith in absolutly everything.

Now at the age of 26 I'm ready to fight back and I want to wage a war on all fronts. That means I want to stabilise my mental health problems, improve my fitness and general health and well being. Address my addiction. Improve my diet. Make new friends and be more sociable. Improve my levels of confidence and self esteem. Learn to like myself and feel happy in my own skin. Improve my relationship with my boyfriend. Work really hard at University and make a success of my chosen career. Adopt more hobbies and interests and basically live a full happy life.

I'm struggling to know how and where to start with all of these goals. I'm basically looking for support and encouragement in the form of forums dedicated to 'changing your life', other people who have similar goals to work with and help to encourage / motivate each other / blogs to read or places to write my own blog to record progress. Books which would help or support this project.

If anyone has any ideas, or contributions, or want to post their own goals that'd be wonderul. Maybe we could even start a 'goals' thread to keep a track of how we are doing and support one another. Because at the end of the day any change even a small one is a step in the right direction! :-)
xxx
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Offline Harvey

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Change / Improve Your Life..
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:49:50 PM »
My main advice would be to take one thing at a time, whether it be your fitness, or eating or whatever. Deal with one thing first and then slowly fit other aspects in. Otherwise if you try and start changing everything at once then you will be really overwhelmed and feel like you are going backwards rather than forwards.
I don't really have anything else to offer, but hopefully other will :)
Hakuna Matata

split

Re: Change / Improve Your Life..
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 06:34:21 AM »
Hey rg.

I am feeling and doing very much the same right now. Making one last ditch attempt to sort myself out.

Harvey is right, change one thing at a time.
Change it
Stick to it until it becomes habit.
Then find the next thing.

I started with education (because the new school year was starting and I didn't want to wait for next september.
Next is extra curriculars as I need these to be well established and looking good on my uni applications.
Not sure after that.

I am working on the psychological theorem that it take 29 days for something to become habit. So rounding it off to a month I start hobbies etc at the begining of october.

Here if you wanna talk about it. X