Author Topic: how to feel 'safe'  (Read 5288 times)

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
how to feel 'safe'
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
 :sofa:

Lots of changes coming up soon. Has totally knocked me for six. I have been all over the place recently. My sleep is totally messed up. I cant relax at all. But has realised that it is because I dont feel very safe anymore. I am 'safe' in the way that pros mean it. I just dont feel safe.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make myself FEEL safe?

Has been playing with my  :wabbit: and tried to settle a bit with an audiobook and low lights and blankets and such...but I cant feel safe.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: how to feel 'safe'
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:49:30 PM »
I think sleep is one of the most important aspects of mh... Have you had problems with sleep before? Have you tried all the sleep hygiene stuff?

I'm not sure what to suggest to make you feel safe, the things you are already doing sound like a good start?

Maybe try hot water bottle and hot milky drink? Have you got a memories box? Sometimes I find looking at old photos and tickets etc comforting ?
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »
I am currently taking amitriptyline for migraines...which is supposed to make me sleepy as a side effect.

As well as temazepam and chlorpromazine at night to make me sleep better...but it hasnt meant that I can sleep properly.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 09:27:03 PM »
how long have you been on the meds at the dose you're on?  :hug1: :hug1: :hug1: :hug1:
do you know when you're next due a med review? maybe they could do with tweaking a tad xx xx

I know how hard it is not sleeping properly. I don't get much sleep most nights. sometimes due to pain but mostly racing head syndrome.  ::)

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 01:31:42 PM »
They were temporary to try to get me to sleep and not be racing around the place the whole time.  To be honest the last couple of nights have been good. But last night was the end of all of both the temazepam and the chlorpromazine. So I will have to see how I get on with out anything. I am calmer but it's worried that might not be something I can be on my own.

I'm really confused after the last appointment with the T. She said a lot of things that I didn't know how to take. Right now I need there to feel safe at least. But after done of the things...it doesn't feel safe at all