Author Topic: Ed and exercise dilemma  (Read 3702 times)

Bethy

Ed and exercise dilemma
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »
Requesting some guidance please! As background, I've had an ED for 7 years, though right now for the past half year thighs have been the most stable in all of that time.

The people in my work office have decided to run the half marathon in October to do something as a team, raise money, get fit etc etc. Everybody has opted in and I need to give my response. Really really can't decide what to do - on one hand, I want to do it because I want to join in with the team, I want a focus over summer, I may as well use it as a chance to learn to run (lol) and just generally take up the opportunity. On the other hand, I cannot run (and I know others in the office can't and that's what training's for and it's all part of the fun etc etc)...and then there's also the element of wanting to do it I have a legitimate reason to exercise, lose weight, obsess... BUT if that's my reason for not doing it know on earth would I tell my colleagues why I'm the only one not doing it?! I cannot decide!. Somebody please tell me what to do?!

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Ed and exercise dilemma
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »
I'd consider a few things:

1. Half marathons are a way of getting fitter yes, however - to physically run it you will need to fuel your body well. That will mean carbs and protein etc. and decent amounts of them. Will you be able to manage this? Would it be a positive goal or would the pressure to eat more be too much?

2. Which is worse - not running the half and finding a reason why for your colleagues or relapsing and having to deal with ED stuff again more frequently?

There is a decent amount of time to train, so provided you train with others and manage to nourish yourself - this would be a really positive goal.

Is there anyone at work you could confide in? Or even outside of work? Who could try to keep you "on track" both with training and nutrition? The accountability might stop the stability from slipping.