Author Topic: Keeping Going  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Abi

• First posts
Keeping Going
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:58:28 PM »
Hi,

I've never been on a forum like this but have been struggling recently so was looking for some help. I first hurt myself when I was 12 and did so consistently for about 10 years. I haven't done it for over 3 years now...I did it drunk and woke up with no memory of it which scared the hell out of me and was the push I needed to stop. However, recently it's been occupying a lot of my thoughts and I don't want to start relying on it again to make me feel better. It seems to be taking all of my energy.
So I guess I'm asking for advice on how to keep going. The irony is that I work in mental health and support others with their SH with quite a lot of success...I just can't seem to get the coping skills to work for me. None of my friends or family know so I haven't got anyone to talk it through face to face.

Thanks 😊

Offline indigo

• 18+
  • Silver Member
Re: Keeping Going
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 09:07:59 AM »
Sorry, I'm not great with words at the minute, but still wanted to reply. Someone told me recently that those with mental health problems make the best carers, but were not so great at looking after ourselves.  Have you had any support such as having counselling. I know it costs more more money, but you could pay for private counselling. Anyway, know that you are not alone.