NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Archived research topics

Help survey undertaken by post grad at Cardiff University - 18-30yr olds

<< < (2/2)

Libby:

--- Quote from: Dominique on January 26, 2011, 10:36:23 AM ---To all who have responded to my survey so far, thank you very much indeed.

I have many more responses from woman than men.  I suspect that this is not because fewer men SH than women, but more to do with the fact that women are more likely to respond to surveys than men.  Does anyone know what the statistics are - men vs women?

Thank you

Dominique

--- End quote ---

I am not sure about the excat number, but I know the offical stats would hide the true figure. But as a guideline on this forum stats its:

Male to Female Ratio: 1:5.8

However this is just for members on the forum- members can be who have enrolled on here may be proffesionals, or carers/friends/family of those who self harm.

x

Dominique:
Thank you for that info.  I suspect there may not be a gender bias but, from my literature search so far, there do seem to be more women self harming than men, and the reasons for this appear to be very complex.

I have learnt so much about self harm conducting this piece of research.  Although I still fear for the person I know who does this, I do feel that I understand her feelings much more.

The first draft needs to be done by beginning March, so if anyone would like to answer the questionnaire (5-10 mins max), your input will be welcome.  I have 30 responses from this and another site.  50 would be a more realistic sample to work with. 

Thank you all so very much for your responses so far!

Please keep well.

Dominique

Dominique:
PERFORMING INTERIM ANALYSIS NEXT WEEK!

Please complete the survey if you still wish to and have not done so already.

Many thanks

Dominique
x

Dominique:
Last chance!

Am attempting one final push!  Please complete the questionnaire before it closes tomorrow.  Many, many thanks.
Dominique

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KD82B7X.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version