Author Topic: My Scars Are Becoming Visable  (Read 9152 times)

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: My Scars Are Becoming Visable
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
Are there any teachers you would feel comfy talking to at school? Eventually talking is always better than hiding but it is really hard and has consequences. Different schools have different policies but it is possible that the school would contact your parents or make certain members of staff aware. If you want to limit the number of people that know then it would be a good idea to work out who the safeguarding lead is for the school because it will be their choice and they would always be told.

I chose to talk to a teacher about stuff and as far as I know she kept it very quiet, at the time that is exactly what I wanted...but I regret now that it was a wasted opportunity to access some pro support. I would have hated the idea, but maybe things would be better now.

If you just want to hide it - what do Islamic girls wear for pe at your school? Would you be able to wear the same? Schools cant force you to wear short sleeves and that would fit the dress code.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline confused_anxious

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: My Scars Are Becoming Visable
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »
I used to wear a tube bandage on my wrist for PE all the time for a genuine bad wrist. As soon as I told the teacher I had a bad wrist and that the dr had referred me for xrays etc they never asked me about it again so that could work well :)