Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty (film) *trig*  (Read 4637 times)

Offline Dragon

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • :rock:
    • my blog
Sleeping Beauty (film) *trig*
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:57:04 AM »
I am having to post this here because it is on topic.  The sleeping beauty film I am talking about has just been released and stars Emily Browning.  It is rated 18. I had read some good reviews about this film so decided to take a risk and buy it on DVD which was my first mistake, the second was to waste my time watching the film.

The plot is about a student who decides to become a 'sleeping beauty' to pay her way through college. The idea is that because she is asleep during the encounters the men have complete domination over her and she is completely submissive. What you get to see during the films are these 'acts' the men can do pretty much what they like apart from have sex with her. (I believe it is supposed to be a beauty and the beast moment??)  As she is drugged she isn't supposed to remember what happens.  It goes on and in the end she stops breathing is found and resuscitated, magically starts breathing and then gets some what distressed. (yawn!)

This film made me feel very uncomfortable in parts, bought back a few memories that I would rather forget and made me wonder what the point of the film was.  I can only assume it was actually trying to make a statement of some sorts.

If you are triggered by sexual threat or abuse then I would avoid this film like the plague. It isn't a good film
All it needs to do is to finish off:

This is not just hot chocolate
This is Dragon's hot chocolate...

;D

Time moves so slowly without you, until we meet again

nuhnuh

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
Re: Sleeping Beauty (film) *trig*
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:21:38 PM »

AW darling look after yourself!!

I think there is meant to be a nice sleeping beauty film with Julia Roberts coming out that isn't an 18 maybe you could watch that to get your nice feelings back.

Hash