Author Topic: Black Swan  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Worried Friend

• +18
  • Silver Member
Black Swan
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »
Has anyone seen Black Swan? Just watched it. What did you think of it's portrayal of mental illness?
Be who you are and say what you feel because people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

Deep deep deep!!!

Osiris

Re: Black Swan
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »
I didn't like it that much. I thought the character was not developed much at all, so I didn't care that much what happened to her. She had no depth. Also the distorted body and face stuff really freaked me out, it was a bit too close to home for me, I hallucinate quite a lot sometimes. Acurate I don't know, but disturbing, yes.

Offline wolfie

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
I thought it was more a film about bullying than about mental illness.

I hated the film, I found it really depressing. I will never watch it again. An innocent girl destroyed by her boss and her mother. Very upsetting and very dark. No light at the end of the tunnel at all.

I was bullied as a child and yes it nearly destroyed me but it didn't.

It would have been better if the girl had overcome her bullies instead of being destroyed by them. It would have made it a better film.
:doggy:

Offline Worried Friend

• +18
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »
I didn't like the ending much either. Whilst I hate films where everything is perfect in the end I think this film could've done with at least a hopeful end. Bullying was another factor but I liked how it showed bullying can seriously affect people mentally. I also thought Natalie Portman's performance was amazing. I understand why it would be difficult to watch though if you suffer hallucinations, that bit disturbed me (who's never suffered hallucinations) slightly too.
Be who you are and say what you feel because people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

Deep deep deep!!!