Author Topic: thoughts on the crisis team  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
thoughts on the crisis team
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »
Personally ive always hated them but other people seem to have had better experiences.

What do you think of them?
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline sparkles

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: thoughts on the crisis team
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:36:44 PM »
for me, they were fantastic. They were involved with me before my hospital admission; they arranged it all for me, and even took me there (it was about 25 miles away), but they took it at my own speed.

once I was discharged, I was discharged to the crisis team again, and they were brilliant - I kicked back at them at the time, but thinking back they were great. My only criticism would be that I think they were a little quick to discharge me; but I do understand they have funding issues too.
Perfection is overated

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:38:29 PM »
I think their really good... i have a really good relationship in particular with a couple of the staff... i've seen them quite a few times in the last few years...

the only thing is now they seem to have given up on me... they basically refused to treat me anymore and discharged me when i was obviously still in distress... this didn't have anything to do with J who I really get on with...

O and they unnecessarily phoned the police on Saturday night... they could've dealt with the situation themselves but instead they turned to the police who were rude and did nothing apart from phone my dad...

so mixed experiences...  
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:23:45 PM »
My experiences with the crisis team have been positive.

When I was first referred to them (in a different county to the one I'm in now), they supported me well through the initial crisis and then referred me to another team for longer term issues. Without them recognising what was wrong, I wouldn't have been signposted in the right direction and I wouldn't be where I am now.

The team that cover where I live now are also really useful. I've been under them post hospital admission a few times and each time they've been great. I think they aim to see people six times in the two weeks after discharge, or more if required, and they've always done that with me, which has been a great help. They seem to really listen to what I have to say and respond accordingly. I also find them great for less formal support - I can phone them any time out of hours and there's always someone available. Most of the time I just need someone to dump the contents of my brain on to, and they're always happy to do that.
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline willow

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »
I've been lucky to have really good experiences with the crisis team too. They've given me lots of support in the past esp after i had my first child. Tbh i'm not sure what i would have done without them or my cmht in general, i'm really lucky that they've been so supportive.
The quiet scares me because it screams the truth

Offline angeldevil123

• ---- o18s
  • Usually here
    • My world in a blog
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:11:37 PM »
My experience has been 50/50 as my parents were around i couldn't tell her how i reapply thought with regards to sh and sui thoughts so i was told i didn't need them and then a few days later i od'd.
RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)

Offline LittleSquirrel

• 18+
  • First posts
  • Don't compromise yourself, it's all you've got.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 08:31:20 AM »
They're hit and miss and it depends on and it largely varies depending on your location, as with any company, support service or branch of the NHS. You get good and bad in every team. I've had very mixed experiences from them and should anyone normally offer to refer me to them I would normally cringe and refuse out right. However, this time, they have been more consistent and more friendly, so it would be unfair for me to judge them service as a whole. 
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you."

Offline LimaRoo

• Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »
Apologies in advance for the negativity, but I have had some truly awful experiences of the crisis team in my area and to be honest I have lost faith and refuse to see them now.

Because I find it hard to use the telephone and thus cannot contact them in this way, they marked me out as being a 'trouble-maker' in the first place.  And when my GP referred me to the liaison psychaitrist at the local hospital, the crisis team intervened and didn't let me see the psychiatrist, told me if I really wanted to commit suicide, I would have done it by now and if I was going to then it was my choice and I should just go and do it and stop bothering them.

Horrible.

I'm afraid you are completely mad . . . bonkers . . . but can I tell you a secret? All the best people are! -Mr Kingsley, Alice in Wonderland 2010 film

Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times - if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Dumbledore - Prisoner of Azkaban Film