Author Topic: Newbie, Q on Meds??  (Read 4771 times)

Offline hideandseek

• First posts
Newbie, Q on Meds??
« on: September 16, 2013, 01:03:54 PM »
Hi to all, hope you are doing ok??, Just a quick sort of question, I was put on Mirtazapine 3 weeks ago [], I also take Venaflexine at [], slow release. For the past week I have been getting headaches (migraine in type) and a little dizzy, I think the dizzy is more me than the tablets but who knows!!, I have had antidepressants for over 15yrs but nothing seams to keep me level, I don't really think they have done anything to help me mentally and my SH is a struggle, doing it sometimes and my mind is just blank dark empty. I hope this makes sense and thank you all for your help  :frog:

:icon_arrow: dosages removed as per forum rules
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:39:23 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
Re: Newbie, Q on Meds??
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »
 :wave:

Welcome to the forum.

Have you talked to your GP about your migraines - whether they're connected with your meddies or not, if they're persistent then a mention might be in order.

ADs can often be working in the background, and even though they can't achieve a perfect balance, they can still be making things a lot better than they would be without them.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline hideandseek

• First posts
Re: Newbie, Q on Meds??
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »
Thank you for the advice x I am on so much meds for other things, it could be anything, probably me being paranoid!!! I have docs tomorrow so will ask as you suggest and see what is said, Sorry I put too much info in the post (always get things wrong)!!, anyway happy days!!!! :-(

and thanks again for taking the time to spk xx