Author Topic: MH services Brighton  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Reeta

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Faulty genes
MH services Brighton
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »
Hey up all,

I have a friend that moved to Brighton last november and has a schizophrenic son, they have been seen once by the MH services there which is disgusting as Son needs weekly appts and constant supervision from MH professionals as he really is a danger to the public.

I was wondering if anyone in Brighton and Hove had any ideas how to get the services down there to pay attention and support these people as even with A&E admissions for Son, police involvement and lengthy notes from a previous psychiatrist nothing has been done for him or her.

Feel free to reply on here on by PM, any help at this stage will be gratefully received as Son is heading down so fast and no one is listening to my friends screams for help there.

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: MH services Brighton
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 06:53:59 PM »
From my friend:

That's disgusting. No idea why the hell they aren't supporting him.

Which part of the cmht is relevant depends on where in the city they live.

Are they pestering GPs do you know? If not, they probably need to be making a nuisance of themselves to get their attention.

Otherwise, especially if the police are involved and there's still no support best bet is probably either MIND or PALS as they will have more sway, MIND have an advocacy service too which might be helpful.

They could access the mh centres? Not sure what they can do about getting people access to psychs and stuff but they might be able to offer some support.

Offline Reeta

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Faulty genes
Re: MH services Brighton
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 01:17:24 AM »
Thank you LK,

Yeah, they are so tired of trying to get attention from the GP that they are going to move surgerys to one that is a bus ride away instead of a 5 minute walk, as the GP is doing nothing- for either Sons mental health or Friends physical health.

MIND- we found mind the 2nd day of being there after they moved and they promised correspondence- nothing. So Friend phoned to try again, nothing. Son went to the office again, nothing.

Now I have the details of the MH centres, I have passed them on and Friend and Son will be checking them out. We didnt even know that they existed.

The 'care' Son has 'recieved' since moving is abysmal. They are considering waiting out the remaining 6 months and moving back here just for the MH services.