Author Topic: Feeling hopeful  (Read 3639 times)

Offline secret past

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Feeling hopeful
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
It's been almost a month since I started on ADs and I have CBT tomorrow and the doctors on Friday (to see how I've got on with the ADs). My general mood has improved to the point that I feel hopeful that there is a chance I may feel happy again sometime. My urges to SH have generally subsided although I do still get some images of sh, they don't seem as frequent or lead me to feel as though part of me wants to cut. I guess you could say the part of me that has been fighting to not sh over the last few months is getting stronger. I told my therapist last week that evenings seem to be the time I feel lowest and most likely to cut. She told me I need to try to think of some things I can do that I will enjoy as these will help to lift my mood. At the time the only think I could think of that I enjoy doing was going for a walk. Tomorrow these are the things I'm going to tell her:
-walking
-cycling (I'm going to buy a bike)
-going to the gym (although this will take a lot of motivation and I'm not there yet)
-reading (I've read 3 books this week and got really absorbed in them)
-having a bubble bath and using lush and soap and glory bath products such as bath bombs and body butter
-I'm going to have a go at horse riding
-looking forward to going to the races (horses) in a couple if months time
-looking forward to hopefully going on holiday in summer (an extra reason to avoid sh'ing)

Just thought I'd share...What does everyone else do just because they enjoy it/to lift their mood?

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Feeling hopeful
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »
that all sounds really positive xx

i'm pleased you've got relaxing & pamper things, not just exercise ;)

this is what i do:

- i bake
- i read
- i take a long bath and read in the bath ;D
- i clean
- i bird watch  :blushing: (only in my back garden...)
- i like star gazing .. (in my uncles back garden with his telescope ;D )

Offline secret past

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:25:02 PM »
I daren't read in the bath, I'm scared of dropping my book in! Especially so since I got a Kindle!

I might ask my friend if she can teach me how to bake. She makes cakes etc all the time and I'd like to get into it.

I have also found I really enjoy having a nice cuddle with my cat. I've started picking him up for cuddles more and he's so affectionate it's really touching.  :blushing:

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:15:45 PM »
I daren't read in the bath, I'm scared of dropping my book in! Especially so since I got a Kindle!
i hold my arm out the bath with my Kindle  :;):

Baking is very therapeutic. just the simple action of weighing... measuring ... mixing (then the fun bit of smelling it cook ... watching it cool then EATING IT )

Give me a shout if you want some easy to start recipes?

Cats are very good at sensing moods :) . if you need a cuddle, they'll give you one xx xx