Author Topic: A few questions about my meds  (Read 3505 times)

Offline secret past

• 18+
  • Gold Member
A few questions about my meds
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:24:37 PM »
I started on Sertraline last week and just wondered if anyone can answer 2 questions I have about it please.

1 - does it matter if I don't take it at exactly the same time every day? Ie by a few hours?

2 - can I take ibuprofen when I'm on it? - I know the med leaflet says possibly not to but I just wondered if its ok in small doses occasionally as some other painkillers knock me sick and remind me of past OD attempts (a long time ago now). I will never get something in particular about the first time out of my head as it makes me feel I must have been desperate (don't think I am allowed to share, might get in trouble) but it comes back into my head every time I try to take that kind of painkiller and I really can't take it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: A few questions about my meds
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:38:23 PM »
I dont take any meds but from the meds we give at work, we get an hours window to give them before we have to call the on call. I know some meds it matters more with eg epilepsy meds it does matter. Maybe check with the person who prescribed it. But nothing has to be really dead on I dont think
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 11:43:31 PM »
I take this med, and I take it at varying times of day, depending on things like when I wake up, my work shifts etc.. Never causes a problem. If I miss a dose by a day tho I feel really ill.

I have never been told not to take ibuprofen with them. I take the recommended dose of ibuprofen quite often with no ill affects.

Xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline secret past

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:46:11 PM »
Thank you TH. I felt very ill the first 2-3 days of taking it but now I feel so much better mood wise. I've only been on it a week and it makes me think maybe I didn't really need it?! Will make sure I keep taking it as do not want to feel ill physically or mentally again!