Author Topic: Old member new profile name  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Vickiunicorns

• First posts
Old member new profile name
« on: October 17, 2020, 07:55:13 PM »
Hi.
I used to be a very active member on this site  in crisis a lot. A few hospital admissions (emergency room)
Fast forward to now. Im training to be an occupational therapist at university. Have 3 children am engaged. I still struggle but I've managed to not self harm for 3 years now and its been 10 years since I was a regular self harmer. I also struggle with eating problems. This year I almost ended up on an eating disorder ward.
I wanted to share my story that even though my mental health problems remain I now live a life full of love, peace, sometimes angst and upset. But things can get better. This was a sanctuary for me at one point and I hope to support people as I was once supported

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Old member new profile name
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 05:29:48 PM »
 :welcomeani1: (back)

Also an old-timer under a new name. I'm really glad things are better for you. It sounds like you are doing really well despite things still being difficult sometimes.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 08:04:38 PM »
Heya!

I'm an old-timer still with the same name! :) I'm so glad that things are better for you. :hug2:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline sk1n1m1n

• First posts
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »
Hey nice to welcome you aboard.