NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

If there was a cure for autism...

<< < (12/17) > >>

Gerard:
RCP did a webinar recently on ASD and MH, including Mary Doherty who is an autistic Dr.

https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/about-us/responding-to-covid-19/responding-to-covid-19-guidance-for-clinicians/elearning-covid-19-guidance-for-clinicians/covid-19-elearning-rcpsych-podcasts-webinars-and-videos/rcpsych-members-webinar-13-august-2020?dm_i=3S85,162QC,6IQHWL,45CWH,1

Gerard:
Anyone else find that their black and white thinking gets worse when their MH is bad?

Vermilion:
I find that pretty much every single thing that I struggle with gets worse if my MH is bad. I suppose that MH makes everyone harder on themselves irrespective of whether they have autism or not? I think that many people with MH get into a all good or all bad way of thinking.
 I can't figure out which way around it is though; is my MH exacerbating autism symptoms or is my autism exacerbating my MH? Perhaps the point is moot. Does it matter what is causing what?

Lorien:
I find that I am more noticeably autistic in lots of ways when my mental heath isn't great. But my mental heath is also affected by autism related things - sensory overload for sure, but other things too. I agree with Vermilion, because it's all brain related it's hard to make separations. But I tend to did the opposite true also. If I give myself some leeway autism wise my mental health tends to be better.

Lorien:
Interesting podcast on BBC sounds - 1800 seconds on Autism. It's kind of a comforty thing - other people do this, I'm not that weird...hey that's a cool idea etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version