Author Topic: Sleep and Meds!  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
Sleep and Meds!
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:56:44 PM »

I am on Zopiclone since leaving hospital and I will have been on it about six months when they want me to come off it. Can someone give me some alternative Options if your a major insomniac.

Have tried Promethazine and Zolpidem.

Things that have worked in the past with me are Rohypnol and Temazepam but they are both addictive as well.

I used to be on Promethazine but it has stopped working for me now.

Offline hayley

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Sleep and Meds!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 08:53:04 AM »
Perhaps an extra AD with sedative effect? I'm on zolpidem but it doesn't work that well. Noticed a difference with sleep when I came off Mirtazepine. Every 3rd or 4th night I take a diazepam as well.  So maybe you could look into getting a prn med and not use it every night because of the addictive qualities.
Check out my blog! www.borderlineshavemoref un@wordpress.com

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
I'm on chloral betaine... it's not a well known drug but has really worked for me... am also on mirtazapine as well as my normal AD to help with sleep x
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »

Hayley,

I am already on a PRN medication and I take it every now and then, its Clonazepam. i take it when nothing else works and I am really distressed.

Hash

Offline hayley

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 07:54:01 AM »
Hmm.  True they do say sleep meds should only be used for short periods but I've had mine for years.  Do you feel able to explain how much this is distressing you? And also how having nothing would lead to no sleep.  Incidentally if you are on the middle dose of mirtazapine it doesn't actually have a sedative effect - the lower and higher does, which is a bit weird.

Check out my blog! www.borderlineshavemoref un@wordpress.com

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:20:51 PM »

Im not on Mirtazipine! I was on that ages ago and it didnt work so I am on another anti depressant and a depot.

I have been on the Zopiclone for six months and it takes longer to get to sleep now than at the beginning. I know a friend who has been on Zopiclone for ten years and it has stopped working. She is now being told she can have nothing and she has to just like it and lump it.

They are very cautious about letting me be med free at night as they know how distressed I get and how bad my self harm is

Hash