Author Topic: Sunburn.  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
Sunburn.
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »
I am sunburnt. In my opinion, quite severely. I feel stupid given a family history of skin cancer and I'm generally always so careful. Hours of watersports and a light wind and I'm very b**nt. The front of my legs particularly feel like I'm on fire, and it's too painful to touch them. I feel like they're swollen and tight and icky.

I'm drinking a fair amount to try and rehydrate but just wondering if anyone's got any idea on how I can help myself? Walking/moving makes me want to cry. I know it's self inflicted/stupid/yadda yadda yadda but I have pretty much no experience of being sunburnt so any advice would be appreciated.

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Sunburn.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »
sounds painful! i have really fair skin so b**n easily... the best thing i've found is to shower in really cold water because your skin will still be b**ning so it stops the b**ning.... if it's so painful that a shower would hurt then a cold bath would be fine... then moisterise... aloe vera gel is good... i used to have an aloe vera plant i would break off and rub on .... if by some random chance you have one!

it's horrible but it will get better ... you might have an uncomfortable nights sleep tho ...
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline babylady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »
I definitely second the aloe Vera gel, far more soothing and cooling than creams. Keeping the skin cool will help, if yoy can't tolerate the shower, then dampen some towels with cool water and lay them gently on your legs and you are right to keep well hydrated. I b**nt badly once, about 20 years ago and whilst the redness went fairly quickly it actually took months to heal. I couldn't bend down without it feeling like the skin was ripping on my legs.  If you start to feel physically unwell, then I would seek medical attention.

Offline Lauren

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 01:30:05 PM »
How is the sun b**n today? Keep it moisturised. Sudo cream is good too, tho messy, so pick your time to put it on! E45 itch relief is soothing too as it starts to heal and the skin flakes. Oh and keep out the sun today! :hug2:
:13328:
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down, I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out, I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be... I make no apologies, THIS IS ME.

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
I feel pretty rough but not sure if that's just because I didn't sleep well. It's looking and feeling a heck of a lot better than it did yesterday night though, I no longer start crying every time I move ::P: Been using moisturiser and keeping it in the fridge which is helping today now it's not too painful to touch.