Author Topic: Industrial Injury/claiming etc  (Read 5043 times)

Offline Swinks

• 18+
  • Usually here
Industrial Injury/claiming etc
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:50:22 AM »
Ok so on the 14th June at my hospital placement i fractured three bones in my foot with medical equipment. I went down to minor injuries, who stated it was just bruising despite the huge swelling and bruising and inability to walk and it only happening 10 minutes before. A week later i went back (and saw the same nurse) where i asked for an x-ray and she rudly told me that it was just a sprain and my x-ray was clear. About 4 days later i received a phone call stating i needed to go to the hospital and get my foot in a stabalizer boot because it looked like there could possibly be a fracture. The next day i asked the orthopaedic surgeons who i work with to take a look at the x-ray so i could find out if i could return to work or not and they stated that i had in fact fractured three bones. In fracture clinic, the surgeon was even annoyed and told me it should have been treated as a break/fracture until proven otherwise. I'm now still having a lot of difficulty with it, and it doesn't seem to be healing well since i went two weeks where i was walking on it normally (because of high strength pain relief). I now have a weird lump on my foot and it's very sore. I'm really annoyed about the whole ordeal, a friend told me that i should claim for compensation because of it all and the stress, would anyone know how i do this?

Many thanks in advance xx

Offline Bea

• NSHN Moderator
  • Usually here
  • No day But Today.
Re: Industrial Injury/claiming etc
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 07:58:07 PM »
Are you in some sort of union?  They would be your best starting point. Explain what has happened and they will put you in touch with the right people.
*jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.