Author Topic: It's been a long time.  (Read 3656 times)

Offline erised

• 18+
  • Silver Member
It's been a long time.
« on: February 08, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
I was a regular member on here a few years ago, under a different name, and I popped back today because.. well I'm not sure why. I recognise a lot of names from all that time ago, but I made too many mistakes to be confident enough to say what I was previously known as, anyway;

I have absolutely no idea when the last time I self-harmed was, and I think I can quite confidently say I am no longer suffering from depression. I still have the bad days, and most days I don't want to get up and do things, but it's not so all consuming as it used to be, and you know what, I do almost always get up and face the day.

Before, I was a scared little girl, I didn't like myself at all and was self-harming every day. I was suicidal, I went through a number of different therapies and meds, and I just wanted to let you know, it does get better. I'm now coming to the end of an Extended Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Health and Social Care, and I've got a job lined up which I'm starting in April. I've been with my wonderful partner for two and a half years now, and we're looking to move out into our own flat at the end of this year :)

I never, ever though I would escape the horribleness of depression, but I'm now settled on meds and should be looking to come off them sooner rather than later, and I've come to the strange conclusion that life isn't actually that bad!

Anyway, all I really wanted to was to remind you, it will get better. It seems awful, terrible and life destroying right now, but I know that all of you are stronger than your mental health issues. Find that little piece of light to hold onto and drag yourself up as hard as you can with help from others, and you will get there. Wishing everyone a safe and positive day, erised.

Offline Anne_Gwish

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: It's been a long time.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »
It is so nice to hear such great things!

:hug1:

And it is true, it does get better!

*badger* Rodger from the lovely Blue_Human :13886:

never is just reven spelt backwards