Author Topic: appointment with plastic surgeon trig sh  (Read 4836 times)

Offline End Credits

• 18+
  • Silver Member
appointment with plastic surgeon trig sh
« on: November 20, 2011, 02:28:43 PM »
Hi there, this is kind of awkward for me to discuss with anyone in real life cos it's just so personal and embarrassing, but I have a bit of a dilemma...

Sometime in early august I cut my wrist really badly and it needed surgery by a plastic surgeon. This was around the time that my sh problems started getting really serious. So anyway, this surgeon was lovely to me and did all he could for me and in all honesty he did a good job, although of course I do still have a massive scar. But of course that was only the beginning of my problems and I have sh a lot more since then. I now have another massive scar on same wrist through sh which looks terrible because I reopened it once before letting it heal and even then it took weeks to heal because it got infected. When I had the surgery, a follow up appointment was made for Nov, I guess just to check if it's ok and stuff. Only with everything that has been going on, I completely forgot about this appointment only to get a text a couple of days ago on my phone to remind me that it's this Mon at 2pm. I'm really ashamed to say that I buried my head in the sand about this appointment because I just don't know what to do. I'm too embarrassed to go because this poor surgeon was so nice to me and all I've done is made more of a mess of myself...there is no way he would be able to look at the original scar without seeing the other one. At the same time, these scars I got are terrible, I know nothing can be done cosmetically but they do itch an awful lot and get very sore. Sometimes I get stiffness in my wrist as well because of them which is not good because it is my dominant hand. Also, I got an appointment at the same time tomorrow with a psych which was made before I knew about this appointment so I'm double booked as well. And not only that, I got a letter come through saying I got an appointment with the plastic surgeon in January, so I really don't know what's going on??

So this is just some dilemma going though my brain and I'm not sure how to deal with it. Any advice appreciated. Thank You.

End Credits

When the blood dries in my veins
And my heart feels no more pain
I know, I'll be on my way
To heaven's door

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
Re: appointment with plastic surgeon trig sh
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:40:59 PM »
wow double booked on a practical level i suggest maybe seeing the psych and ringing the plastics people explaining your double booked and enquiring about jan appt.?? any help  ??????!?
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:02:58 PM »
sorry i didn't reply earlier.  . i didn't know what to say.. i hope you sorted the appointments out? how are you feeling today? xx
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline End Credits

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »
Hiya, what's happening now is that I'm going to the appointment in January. Basically they gave me two appointments at different hospitals and I could choose which one to go to. Still not looking forward to it though. I'm staying with a friend in Birmingham for a few days with a mind to find a place to live and work here. Everything is happening so fast and I'm a bit scared by it all. I applied for a job a few days ago and got an interview this fri, I'm looking at apartments this eve. To be honest I don't really know what I'm doing or how well I'm going to manage in a job, if I manage to get one. I just feel the need to move away really strongly, although it scares the life out of me cos it's sink or swim really. I'm trying to manage it all by myself.
When the blood dries in my veins
And my heart feels no more pain
I know, I'll be on my way
To heaven's door