Author Topic: 5 years on  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Worried Friend

• +18
  • Silver Member
5 years on
« on: November 03, 2016, 06:23:32 AM »
So I recently started using the "on this day" app on Facebook and it had a slightly unexpected result whereby some of each posts were reminding me of a very difficult period in my life. 5 years ago I was in the darkest place I'd ever been and was struggling to see anyway out. I was reminded this morning of the fact that I was visiting my parents this time 5 years ago and recall how difficult it was hiding my cuts, pretending to be happy, trying not to worry anyone and just praying to get back to my own space where I could do what needed to be done.
Coming back to the present day. I am currently sitting with my 2 day old son snoozing on my chest and can hear my amazing fiancé just starting to wake up upstairs. I am completely besotted with both of them. I wanted to share this to help anyone out there struggling like I was to see that even if you can't see a way out just keep going. Things can get better. I never in a million years saw the me of today existing but here I am. Loving and being loved in equal measure. Not for the face I show to he world but for the real me. No lies. No hiding secrets. Just me.
Be who you are and say what you feel because people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

Deep deep deep!!!