Author Topic: Self-Harm Internet Survey  (Read 8102 times)

Offline shinternetsurvey

• First posts
Self-Harm Internet Survey
« on: June 02, 2014, 12:34:37 AM »
Do you or have you ever self-harmed?
Clicking on this link will take you to a survey for a research project being carried out at the University of Birmingham by a postgraduate psychology student looking at the psychological factors of self-harm. Please click here to be taken to further information where you can decide whether or not to take part by answering the survey, which will take 10 minutes to complete. If you feel uncomfortable answering any of the questions, you may leave the survey at any point.

https://lesweb2.bham.ac.uk/surveys/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/973578/lang/en

I have permission to post on the National Self-Harm Network Forum.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

:icon_arrow: admin approved
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:37:22 AM by Rob »

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Self-Harm Internet Survey
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:27:14 AM »
Done
I don't know if you are accepting feedback but...by not allowing people to select an age younger that 16 for when they started to s/h you are giving yourself inaccurate data. I would have chosen younger if it was possible, I'm sure from other people's stories here that others also started younger.

Also, some of your preset answers are really limiting and force people to choose an answer that doesn't fit, just fits better than the others. That might give you great data for your write up...but won't tell you anything in real terms.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »
I PM'ed them about the age when you started SH'ing and said that it's going to give them inaccurate results. I think there's quite a few of us that started before we were 16.
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x

Offline shinternetsurvey

• First posts
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 11:57:54 AM »
Hello,

Unfortunately due to our ethics committee legal procedures I had restrictions in what I could ask and what answer options I could give including the age option.  I understand that the age of onset can be at a very young age (before 16) and so I apologize for this.  I will make this a point in my thesis as result.   

Offline shinternetsurvey

• First posts
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 11:58:58 AM »
Thank you for completing the survey

Offline Emmz

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 11:02:44 PM »
Completed :)
Living is a problem because everybody dies

Offline shinternetsurvey

• First posts
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that the data collection phase has come to an end and so the survey will not be live/active anymore.  I would like to thank everyone who took part in the survey.   :)