Author Topic: Anaemic *mt sh*  (Read 5019 times)

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
Anaemic *mt sh*
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
Firstly I just want to say I'm not looking for medical advice, more experience.....I have an appointment booked with my GP at the end of next week (the earliest I could get).

Some blood tests my psych did before starting some medication picked up co-incidentally that I'm quite anaemic. It explains why I'm so physically shattered and even just walking up the stairs makes me breathless and worn out.
I'm thinking that it is probably as a result of my last sh, as I lost a fair amount of blood, and was very dizzy afterwards. I'm just wondering whether this is likely?, if anyone one else has ever got anaemic as a result of sh and what they did about it?

*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear

Offline Nightowl

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Anaemic *mt sh*
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »
I've been anaemic a few times which I had physical tests for and all came back normal and I think it was down to my sh.

Are you taking iron tablets?

Diet wise you need vitamin C to be able to absorb iron, green leafy things, apricots, cereal and red meat (if you eat it) are all good.
When you feel like letting go, hold on.

Courage does not always roar.
Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow".

Maryanne Radanbacher

Last od 22/05/2012
Last sh 10/05/2012
Last drink 14/04/2012

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:52:20 PM »
I'm not taking iron tablets, the psych told me to make an appt with my gp to discuss iron supplements (first appt I could get with my gp is on fri). 

My appetite isnt great at the moment, so I'm struggling with eating well at the moment but I am trying to include more iron and T is helping. She bought me some dried apricots and I do have toast. I'm also trying to drink a glass of orange juice everyday. 
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

Offline Bod

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:23:50 PM »
I have been anaemic a couple of times from s/h and a course of ferrous sulphate has put it right.

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »
My GP rechecked my bloods yesterday and my Hb was still the same, and my ferritin (measure of iron stores, which wasnt done before, is really low) :happybirthday: She said that she is not surprised I'm feeling so exhausted and washed out. Have been given a course of iron tablets today. Have to take them 3 times a day. This on top of my other meds is making me feel a rattle!

Needs to try and remember sh *really* doesnt help in the grand scheme of things.  ::-\: